MOS Question...

RMack6

I recently joined the Marine Corps and now have about 4 months until my ship date (after finishing up Fall semester of school). I'll have a year of college under my belt when I finally ship.

I scored an 89 on the ASVAB and chose MP as my MOS. I'm now thinking that I really don't want to be a MP. I'd like to be infantry but my main motivation for joining the military (besides serving my country) was for the college benefits. I know that it's hard (if not impossible) to go to school while being a grunt.

So I was wondering what a good MOS would be that takes advantage of my ASVAB score (my recruiter told me it was pretty high) and would allow me to go to school part-time.

:?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :rambo:

89?? damn... i thought i got a high score (77)

were almost in the same situation man... i got a year of college, joining the Corps, getting shipped out in 3-4 months (after i finish fall) and im only doing this for college benefits...

I wanted to be a grunt, but there were no more openings for one in my area... T-T...

Look into select Intelligence, Legal Services, and Financial Management job descriptions.

~ Tokan

and if you want something more physical i heard some good things about security forces, granted you dont go for FAST or presidential support.

Okay. Thanks Poolees.
Now. What do you want to do?
5800 field M.P. you can end up a brig guard and never seeing anything. You can go 0300 field and go every where; on your feet and have lots of fun.
Do what you want to do or you'll be no good to the Corps.

BTW:LeatherneckRVA Security Forces is FAST,

03USMC said:
Okay. Thanks Poolees.
Now. What do you want to do?
5800 field M.P. you can end up a brig guard and never seeing anything. You can go 0300 field and go every where; on your feet and have lots of fun.
Do what you want to do or you'll be no good to the Corps.

BTW:LeatherneckRVA Security Forces is FAST,

Sea Duty is now done by FAST, right?

Tokan said:
Look into select Intelligence, Legal Services, and Financial Management job descriptions.

~ Tokan

I know you didn't just tell this man to go be a Disburser :(

I mean, legal wouldn't be bad, neither would being a Disburser, you do have chances to go and get deployed, not as much as 0311, but you can and you can still go to college part time.

Basically, you would need to be a pogue in order to be able to go to college with your asvab score. Grunt units get shipped out, not only that but they spend a lot of time in the field. Ususally a pogue or MP things like that will be in the same place most of the time.

We always called (SP's) Sleepy People. Those Navy boys never could quite catch us doing anything wrong.

Back