"Mortar Bar"




 
--
 
April 24th, 2005  
Damien
 

Topic: "Mortar Bar"


You folks who have been deployed inthe middle east may have seen this for real, but I heard it from an air force flight nurse and thought it was pretty funny...


Somewhere, I believe in Afghanistan, there is a base with an Aussie owned bar called the "Mortar Bar." What they would do in this bar is, during a Mortar attack, they would run up to the roof with lawn chairs and sit and watch the mortars come in. When asked why they don't run for cover, one of the Aussie bartenders said "Well, for one, I'd like to see it coming if I'm gonna get killed by one."
April 25th, 2005  
Desert_Eagle
 
Quote:
"Well, for one, I'd like to see it coming if I'm gonna get killed by one."
As would I.
April 25th, 2005  
Damien
 
they also said something along the lines of "Hey, get my baseball bat."
--
April 26th, 2005  
behemoth79
 
 
has this been verified or is it speculation. that would be so awesome if its true.
April 26th, 2005  
Damien
 
It's quite true. I've seen pictures
May 5th, 2005  
Shaan14
 
lol if you ran away you wouldnt get killoed maybe lol duh
May 5th, 2005  
Redleg
 
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien
It's quite true. I've seen pictures
Me too..
(I got a few right in front of me now, in my photo album from Lebanon.. )
May 7th, 2005  
Desert_Eagle
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaan14
lol if you ran away you wouldnt get killoed maybe lol duh
And what would that prove?
May 14th, 2005  
danthepirate
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert_Eagle
Quote:
"Well, for one, I'd like to see it coming if I'm gonna get killed by one."
As would I.
couldn't have said it better my self
May 23rd, 2005  
Jacob
 
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redleg
Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien
It's quite true. I've seen pictures
Me too..
(I got a few right in front of me now, in my photo album from Lebanon.. )
Could you pleas show us?
Thanks.