More unofficial mottoes

SigPig

When I was instructing Sig Op apprentices a few years back, I wanted to give them a little unofficial scroll at graduation, in addition to their official certificates.
Our unit was Foxtrot Squadron of the Communications School, but we weren't allowed to use any official badges or mottoes on an unofficial scroll. So we had a mock ceremony out in the Gore, where we knighted them with a 3' whip antenna and inducted them into the Meritorious Order of the Soldiers of Mercury. The badge was a fox's head (for F Sqn), and since the Sigs motto begins with V's (Velox Versutus Vigilans), we used, if I remember correctly,

"Vox Vulpis Victoriam Vocat" (the voice of the fox summons victory).

Our unofficial unofficial motto was "BOHICA!"

Anyone need a translation for that one? :)

J

SigPig said:
When I was instructing Sig Op apprentices a few years back, I wanted to give them a little unofficial scroll at graduation, in addition to their official certificates.
Our unit was Foxtrot Squadron of the Communications School, but we weren't allowed to use any official badges or mottoes on an unofficial scroll. So we had a mock ceremony out in the Gore, where we knighted them with a 3' whip antenna and inducted them into the Meritorious Order of the Soldiers of Mercury. The badge was a fox's head (for F Sqn), and since the Sigs motto begins with V's (Velox Versutus Vigilans), we used, if I remember correctly,

"Vox Vulpis Victoriam Vocat" (the voice of the fox summons victory).

Our unofficial unofficial motto was "BOHICA!"

Anyone need a translation for that one? :)

J

jeez BOHICA brings back memories but i can't remember what it stands for! zaaaarrrghh

Back