more quotes

Redneck

yeah, this is my own version of shock and awe, just swamp you all with quotes.

History does not long entrust the care of freedom to the weak or the timid.
- General Dwight D. Eisenhower

May God have mercy upon my enemies, because I won't.
- General George Patton Jr

War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen, and I say let us give them all they want.
- General William T. Sherman

The British and Americans do not want war with races or governments as such. Tyranny, external or internal, is our foe.
- Churchill, Sir Winston

These are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country; but he that stands it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman. Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the
triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives everything its value.
- Thomas Paine

Beware that, when fighting monsters, you yourself do not become a monster...for when you
gaze long into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.
- Friedrich Nietzsche

War hath no fury like a non-combatant
- Charles Edward Montague

We are determined that before the sun sets on this terrible struggle our flag will be recognized throughout the world as a symbol of freedom on the one hand, of overwhelming power on the other.
- George C. Marshall

We shall meanly lose or nobly save the last hope of earth.
- Abraham Lincoln

Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, to assure the survival and success of liberty.
- John F. Kennedy

When war does come, my advice is to draw the sword and throw away the scabbard.
- General Thomas "Stonewall" Jackson

Sometimes it is entirely appropriate to kill a fly with a sledge hammer.
- Major Holdridge

Peacekeeping is not a job for soldiers, but only soldiers can do it.
- Dag Hammarskjöld, Former UN Secretary-General

The most difficult thing about planning against the Americans, is that they do not read their own doctrine, and they would feel no particular obligtion to follow it if they did.
- Admiral Sergei I. Gorshkov, father of the Russian blue water navy

What our enemies have begun, we will finish.
- George W. Bush

He who loves not his country can love nothing.
- Lord Byron

Diplomacy --- the art of saying `Nice doggie' 'til you can find a stick.
- Wynn Catlin

sorry about the spate of posts, but don't worry, i ship out for ft. knox in two days, so you'll get some relief then haha

dang, i was worried about that. sorry. it just takes a bit too much time to look for them, especially when i'm supposed to be studying for my finals haha.

hm...

Thats a good question...
I think I have 1600-1700 quotes now.
I'll count them this weekend.

And I still have a lot of quotes that I haven't added to the site yet.
(found some, and received a lot of good quotes by e-mail) :D

Back