More quotes

Locke

they aren't military, but there isn't really an "other section"

these are all taken from the "Cedco Daily Calendar" if you can find it, its well worth buying, the quotes are awesome, here are a few of my favorites:

The important thing is this: to be able at any moment to sacrifice what we are for what we could become
– Charles DuBois

What you are afraid to do is a clear indicator of the next thing you need to do
– Anon

To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment
– Ralph Waldo Emerson

I hope that my achievements in life shall be these – that I will have fought for what was right and fair, that I will have risk for that which mattered, that I will have given help to those who were in need, and that I will have left the Earth a better place for what I’ve done and who I’ve been
– C. Hoppe

Act well in the moment and you have performed a good deed for all eternity
– Johann Kaspar Laveter

The ultimate challenge of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy
– Martin Luther King, Jr.

Every moment of our life can be the beginning of great things
– Juan Mascaro

He who asks is a fool for five minutes, but he who does not ask remains a fool forever.
– Chinese Proverb

The problem is not that there are problems. The problem is expecting otherwise and thinking that having problems is a problem.
– Theodore Rubin

There are thousands of reasons why you cannot do what you want to. All you need is one reason why you can.
– Willy R. Whitney

What you do speaks so loudly that I cannot hear what you say.
– Ralph Waldo Emerson

The golden opportunity you are seeking is in yourself. It is not in your environment; it is not in luck or chance, or the help of others; it is in yourself alone.
– Orison Swett Madren

Good, better, best; never let it rest till you good is better and your better best.
– Anon

It is said an Eastern monarch once charged his wise men to invent a sentence, to be ever in view, and which should be true and appropriate in all times and situations. They presented him with the words, “And this, too, shall pass away.” How much is expresses! How chastening in the hour of pride! How consoling in the depths of affliction.
– Abraham Lincoln

Consult not your fears but your hopes and your dreams. Think not about your frustrations, but about your unfulfilled potential. Concern yourself not with what you tried and failed in, but with what it is still possible for you to do.
– Pope John XXIII

Give the world the best you have, and the best will come to you.
– Madeline Bridge

If we don’t change, we don’t grow. If we don’t grow, we aren’t really living.
– Gail Sheehy

Never be bullied into silence. Never allow yourself to be made a victim. Accept no one’s definition of your life; define yourself.
– Harvey Fierstein

Beginning today, treat everyone you met as if they were going to be dead by midnight. Extend to them all the care, kindness and understanding you can muster; and do it with no thought of any reward. Your life will never be the same again.
– Og Mandino

He started to sing as he tackled the thing that couldn’t be done and he did it.
– Edgar A. Guest

He did it with all his heart and prospered.
– 2 Chronicles 31:21

A person needs a little madness or else they never dare cut the rope and be free.
– Nikos Kazantzakis

Time is an equal opportunity employer. Each human being has exactly the same number of hours and minutes every day. Rich people can’t but more hours. Scientists can’t invent new minutes. And you can’t save time to spend it on another day. Even so, time is amazingly fair and forgiving. No matter how much time you’ve wasted in the past, you still have an entire tomorrow. Success depends upon using it wisely – by planning and setting priorities.
– Denis Waitely

Everyone has a talent. What is rare is the courage to nurture it in solitude and to follow the talent to the dark places where it leads.
– Erika Jong

Why not go out on a limb? Isn’t that where the fruit is?
– Frank Scully

The height by great men reached and kept were not attained by sudden flight, but they, while their companions slept were toiling upward in the night.
– Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

Character cannot be developed in ease and quiet. Only through experience of trial and suffering can the soul be strengthened, ambition inspired and success achieved.
– Helen Keller

Reason often makes mistakes, but conscience never does.
– Josh Billings

Don’t be afraid to give up the good for the great.
– Kenny Rogers

I recommend you to take care of the minutes, for the hours will take care of themselves.
– Lord Chesterfield

The roots of true achievement lie in the will to become the best that you can be.
– Harold Taylor

You can never plan the future by the past.
– Edmund Burke

No person was ever honoured for what he received. Honour has been the reward for what he gave.
– Calvin Coolidge

You get the best out of others when you give the best of yourself.
– Harry Firestone

You’re alive. Do something. The directive in life, the moral imperative was so uncomplicated. It could be expressed in single words, not complete sentences. It sounded like this: Look. Listen. Choose. Act.
– Barbara Hall

I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see it’s path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.
– Frank Herbert

Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.
– Carol Burnett

If your success is not on your own terms, if it looks good to the world but does not feel good in your heart, it is not success at all.
– Anna Quindlen

Figure out what your purpose is in life, what you really and truly want to do with your time and your life then be willing to sacrifice everything and then some to achieve it. If you not willing to make the sacrifice, then keep on searching.
– Quintina Ragnacci

My will shall shape my future. Whether I fail or succeed shall be no man’s doing but my own. I am the force; I can clear away any obstacle before me or I can be lost in the maze. My choice; my responsibility; win or lose; only I hold the key to my destiny.
– Elaine Maxwell

And success? I do not find it in the applause of the theatre; it lies rather in the satisfaction of accomplishment.
– Anna Pavlova

Every man is the architect of his own fortune.
– Sallust

The difference between the impossible and the possible lies in an individual’s determination.
– Tommy Lasorda

If you really do the right thing, and if you play by the rules, and if you’ve got good enough solid judgement and common sense, that you’re going to be able to do whatever you want to do with your life.
– Barbara Jordan

Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate your mind on the present moment.
– Buddha

Empty pockets never held anyone back. Only empty head and empty hearts can do that.
– Norman Vincent Peale

Perhaps I am stronger than I think I am.
– Thomas Merton

Do all the good you can, by all the means you can, in all the ways you can, in all the places you can at all the times you can.
– Anon

Integrity has no need for rules.
– Albert Camus

Never lose sight of the fact that the most important yardstick of your success will be how you treat other people – your family, friends, and co-workers, and even strangers you meet along the way.
– Barbara Bush

Go for it now. The future is promised to no one.
– Wayne Dyer

Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero.
Seize the day, put no trust in tomorrow.
– Horace

Nothing is beneath you if it is in the direction of your life.
– Ralph Waldo Emerson

The future belongs to those who live intensely in the present.
– Anon

Dream as if you’ll live forever. Live as if you’ll die today.
– James Dean

The greatest use of life is to spend it for something that will outlast it.
– William James

Fortune favours the brave.
– Virgil

If you refuse to accept anything but the best you, you often get it.
– W. Somerset Maugham

Success is not final, failure is not fatal; it is the courage to continue that counts.
– Sir Winston Churchill

Instead of thinking about where you are, think about where you want to be. It takes twenty year of hard work to become an overnight success.
– Diana Rankin

What one has, one ought to use; and whatever one does, he should do with all his might.
– Cicero

Begin doing what you want to do now. We are not living in eternity. We have only this moment, sparkling like a star in our hand – and melting like a snowflake.
– Marie Beyon Ray

There is a loftier ambition that merely to stand high in the world. It is to stoop down and lift mankind a little higher.
– Henry Van Dyke

if you want to succeed in your life, remember this phrase: the past does not equal the future. Because you failed yesterday; or all day today; or a moment ago; or for the last six months; the last sixteen years; or the last fifty year of life, doesn’t mean anything… all that matters is: what are you doing to do, right now?
– Anthony Robbins

live with intention. Walk to the edge. Listen hard. Practice wellness. Play with abandon. Laugh. Chose with no regret. Continue to learn. Appreciate your friends. No what you love. Live as if this is all there is.
– Mary Anne Roadacher-Hershey

Back