More American evil

BlackJack

I woke up this morning and what did I see? MORE American evil. I read it on the front page of The Mirror newspaper.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/allnew...can-torture-of-iraqi-prisoners-name_page.html

000ECF93-F2DC-1091-8AB280C328EC0000.jpg

000CE7A0-F303-1091-8AB280C328EC0000.jpg

000EE316-F2E5-1091-8AB280C328EC0000.jpg

000293C5-F29D-1091-8AB280C328EC0000.jpg

Evil? Taking your general dislike for America a bit far on this issue, aren't we? You can easily make a negative case without resorting to such exaggerated terms as "evil." These are not photos of prisoners being executed. I seen none of these over zealous soldiers cutting off toes and fingers. It does not appear to me that the prisoners are being forced to endure the pain of a hot iron against their skin. What I do see, however, are immature, unprofessional soldiers acting in a manner that is inexcusable. While I feel no sympathy for the prisoners whatsoever, the US military holds itself to a high standard, higher than most, and actions such as these will not be tolerated. An investigation has been on going for quite some time, this is not a brand new event, it just happened to hit the media circuit recently. Once the investigation is complete, if appropriate, UCMJ action will be taken to address the problem.

If you randomly pick out 150,000 people from any country, you will always find a percentage of a**holes.
And this is the case here, USA has about 150,000(?) soldiers in Iraq, and unfortunatelly a few of them are now ruining the reputation of everyone.

There is no excuse at all for behavior like this, and I hope that the ones responsible for this will get the punishment they deserve.
But calling this for "more American evil" is a bit narrow minded..
This is peanuts if you compare it to the "Iraqi evil" that happens to kidnapped/captured western civilians and military personell every day...

RnderSafe said:
Evil? Taking your general dislike for America a bit far on this issue, aren't we? You can easily make a negative case without resorting to such exaggerated terms as "evil." These are not photos of prisoners being executed. I seen none of these over zealous soldiers cutting off toes and fingers. It does not appear to me that the prisoners are being forced to endure the pain of a hot iron against their skin. What I do see, however, are immature, unprofessional soldiers acting in a manner that is inexcusable. While I feel no sympathy for the prisoners whatsoever, the US military holds itself to a high standard, higher than most, and actions such as these will not be tolerated. An investigation has been on going for quite some time, this is not a brand new event, it just happened to hit the media circuit recently. Once the investigation is complete, if appropriate, UCMJ action will be taken to address the problem.

There are many types of torture. Not just physical torture that causes physical pain. The soldiers are breaking the law and will be rightly punished.

If it was the other way around and it was Iraqis doing exactly the same thing to Americans you would say it is evil and would want those Iraqis to be dealt with.

BlackJack said:
The soldiers are breaking the law and will be rightly punished.

I really hope so.
There are no excuse for this.

BlackJack said:
If it was the other way around and it was Iraqis doing exactly the same thing to Americans you would say it is evil and would want those Iraqis to be dealt with.

Unfortunately it is the other way around too, and in most cases much much worse than this....

Also, if the guy with the wires attached to him fell off the chair he would have been electrocuted. That's physical torture.

:lol: The wires aren't even hot. If he had fallen from the chair, he would have pissed himself, nothing more would have happened to him. Don't be so gullible.

As I said, the actions of these soldiers are not excusable. The US military has a wonderful habit of punishing those that do not follow the standards.

And American soldiers have tortured innocent civilians in other parts of Iraq.
http://rwor.org/a/1220/wtwvniraq.htm

Provide proof, until then, you're simply showing me a site with a left wing military hater whom also has no proof of its allegations.

Also, if you have not, check your PM and follow the instructions listed.

BlackJack said:
Also, if the guy with the wires attached to him fell off the chair he would have been electrocuted. That's physical torture.

You should read the whole story before you posts such things..
They told him that he would get electrocuted, but as RnderSafe said, the wires was not hot (not connected to anything...)

Hmmm

Ok, a few points.Please read all the way, before you dismiss, Blackjack and Rendersafe.

1-There is NO excuse for this kind of behavior, and I find it appoling.

2-This soldiers should all face chrages.

3-And, they will be facing charges...Unlike officers and troops of the Iraqi army that never faced charges for acts much worse(acctually they were usually orderd to torture people...).
Six soldiers now face court martial and jail. One allegedly boasted that the captives "broke within hours". Seven others, including a general, are suspended from duty and may be disciplined
See, they will be punished.

4-Every, and I mean every fighting force has a noumber of MFs, that do this kind of lunatic shit.

BlackJack said:
The soldiers are breaking the law and will be rightly punished.

You pretty much summed it up yourself there, chief. Not only are the men and women who were directly involved in the incidents being disciplined, but their superiors are as well, most of whom probably knew nothing about what these immature jack*sses were up to, but still failed in their duty by providing an atmosphere were the discipline was lax enough that some of their people could get away with something like this. You heard the saying "Sh*t rolls downhill?" well in the United States Army, it also rolls uphill, everyone is ultimately responsible for the actions of their subordinates.
This is how we maintain the "higher standard" that RnderSafe mentioned, inexcusable behaviour is NOT excused, and all through the chain of command, NCOs and officers are forced to police their men (and women) and enforce this standard. And when there is a failure in the moral fiber of our military, it is dealt with immediately and sufficiently. How's that for "American evil?"

You pretty much summed it up yourself there, chief. Not only are the men and women who were directly involved in the incidents being disciplined, but their superiors are as well, most of whom probably knew nothing about what these immature jack*sses were up to, but still failed in their duty by providing an atmosphere were the discipline was lax enough that some of their people could get away with something like this. You heard the saying "Sh*t rolls downhill?" well in the United States Army, it also rolls uphill, everyone is ultimately responsible for the actions of their subordinates.
This is how we maintain the "higher standard" that RnderSafe mentioned, inexcusable behaviour is NOT excused, and all through the chain of command, NCOs and officers are forced to police their men (and women) and enforce this standard. And when there is a failure in the moral fiber of our military, it is dealt with immediately and sufficiently. How's that for "American evil?"

Very good points, Redneck - and very true. However, in this case - the "Shit" rolled downhill. There were some severe issues with the leadership before this event, apparently. And as you pointed out, even had the NCOs not been lax leaders and undiciplined themselves, they are still held responsible for their men in our military. As with every organisation, 10% rule.

snauhi said:
And almost all of you say that they are treating them good GJ.

What are you talking about?

Well Blackjack, if you think this is evil then you've lived a very sheltered existence my friend. It's intolereable, immature, disrespectful and must and will be be punished but evil???

You won't get any sympathy for your point of view if you come online and post statements like this. You're obviously from the UK and I'm pretty embarrassed that you're from my country.

Mod edit:just deleted the whole quote of Blackjack's original post, don't want to suck up too much bandwidth here ;)

Re: Hmmm

sherman105 said:
Ok, a few points.Please read all the way, before you dismiss, Blackjack and Rendersafe.

1-There is NO excuse for this kind of behavior, and I find it appoling.

2-This soldiers should all face chrages.

3-And, they will be facing charges...Unlike officers and troops of the Iraqi army that never faced charges for acts much worse(acctually they were usually orderd to torture people...).
Six soldiers now face court martial and jail. One allegedly boasted that the captives "broke within hours". Seven others, including a general, are suspended from duty and may be disciplined
See, they will be punished.

4-Every, and I mean every fighting force has a noumber of MFs, that do this kind of lunatic shit.

Yup agreed. I don't know what race/faith Blackjack is but he or she are kidding themselves if they think that this behaviour isn't carried out by ALL nations. What I see in those photos isn't evil, but a very disrespecftul, uncalled for, unnecessary treatment of fellow human beings. that must result in court martials and prison sentences for the soldiers concerned.

man i dont think he meant evil. So take it easy.

Whether he truly believes it was evil is a different matter. But his dislike and bias against the USA is pretty evident.

Obvious bias and/or attempt to stir up feelings has no place in a forum such as this.

Doppleganger said:

Whether he truly believes it was evil is a different matter. But his dislike and bias against the USA is pretty evident.

Obvious bias and/or attempt to stir up feelings has no place in a forum such as this.

Man discuss the pictures and not him :roll:

Snauhi said:

Everyone must take responsibility for their own actions and words, and accept the consequences thereof, and there is no excusing BlackJack's use of the word to a "misunderstanding," as English is in fact his own language.

And Doppleganger is entirely correct, if you have spent any time here at all you will see that every effort is made to treat everyone with respect, sometimes even long after they have proven they are unworthy of that respect.

Back