The Moral Question

A

Anonymous

Here's a moral question for you.
This is an imaginary situation, but I think you will find it beneficial to think through this exercise.
The situation: You are in the Middle East, and there is a huge flood in progress. Many homes have been lost, water supplies compromised and structures destroyed.
You're a freelance photographer for a news service, you're traveling alone, looking for particularly poignant scenes that you can shoot.
You come across Osama Bin Ladeen who has been swept away by the floodwaters. He is barely hanging on to a tree limb and is about to go under.
You have to make a choice. You can either put down your camera and save him, or take a Pulitzer Prize winning photograph of him as he loses his grip on the limb.

So, here's the question ... and please think carefully before you answer it:

which lens do you use

Cadet Chief Robot said:
Well, if he isnt to far away i would use a SKS.
id prefer something with a bit more punch, say an RPG, or maybe an AT4, or just a good ole' M16 if thats all that is available

for the lens, i would get a zoom lens to get a great shot of his face as he goes under

I would take a picture of him and if i have enough yime left before he falls i would save him and get even more money.

ghost457 said:
Cadet Chief Robot said:
Well, if he isnt to far away i would use a SKS.
id prefer something with a bit more punch, say an RPG, or maybe an AT4, or just a good ole' M16 if thats all that is available

for the lens, i would get a zoom lens to get a great shot of his face as he goes under

LOL yeah just blow him up and not get the great reward.... well my mom would probably know what lens to use cause she takes tons of pictures..... but yeah i'd just use a digital camera!!!!!

MoRtArSnCaLiBeRs

Back