moral/political discussion - Page 5

--
moral/political discussion

May 1st, 2007  
Rob Henderson

There is always something...Wether its a belief in God, or a belief in the fact that there is no God and we only get one life to life. If that's the case, then they have faith that there is nothing else, and if that's true, then why would they kill themselves anyway?
May 1st, 2007  
philam15

There is a possibility that they have nothing to hold on to, and say they did believe in God, and their life was miserable, causing them to be depressed. They could think that God was punishing them, or w/e ignoring them, Im not saying they're right, but then they could feel like God abandoned them.
May 1st, 2007  
Rob Henderson

That quote..."though a mother..." is from the Bible...God essentially wrote the Bible right? So, why would God lie?

Now, if they have nothing, why would they throw their life away? Why not live it? If its all they have...
--
May 1st, 2007  
philam15

Ok well I just we're just going to have to agree to disagree, cause you're never gonna convince me.
May 1st, 2007  
Rob Henderson

Well, we diverted from the true topic of the thread...Murder is killing a person, and suicide is killing...Therefore suicide is murder. Am I right?
May 1st, 2007  
philam15

no......
May 1st, 2007  
Fox

Whoa....I have never seen discussing like that for 5 pages in 3 hours by 2 posters.
May 1st, 2007  
Rob Henderson

Why not? You have yet to prove that theory wrong...That's what I was expecting...Not just blatant defiance with no back up.
May 1st, 2007  
philam15

Well then maybe you should get out here and choose a side Fox!
May 1st, 2007  
philam15

Quote:
Originally Posted by C/1Lt Henderson
Why not? You have yet to prove that theory wrong...That's what I was expecting...Not just blatant defiance with no back up.
I have, you choose to ignore it