moral/political discussion

How can you say that? People who go to kill others are much more dangerous...you don't know what they're gonna do, as suicidal people are usually harmless to people but themselves. (I say usually)

A LIFE IS A LIFE! Do you not believe that?! Do you not believe that suicidal people are not people too?

This is the logic i see being presented..."As long as they arent going to kill anyone ELSE, then its ok."

I agree, killing is ending a life, so techinically suicide and murder are both forms of killing; however, it is a totally different mindset. Consider this: Timothy McBay, the bomber of the Government building in oklahoma city had two brain tumors that were pushing on ihs frontal lobes. The frontal lobes are theorized to control things like decision making. The person who commits suicide, for the most part, expereinces a totally different medical problem, called depression (an imbalance of chemicals in the brain), which does not effect the frontal lobes. The effects on the brain would create a difference in reactions to the ideas of killing or harming others (compared to harming ones self). The mindsets would be different. Not to mention, hurting ones self is not the same as hurting others. Suicide is wrong, dont get me wrong, but people who are ok with hurting themselves may not be ok with hurting others.

The mindset doesn't matter...Thats not the point Im trying to make. Killing is killing...Killing is the extinguishing of a life. Killing is murder. As long as you agree with me that killing is murder, then I'm ok, because that's what it is...The mindsets ARE different...But the basics are the same.

We could argue all night, but it seems like we're both not budging....so I'll say it one last time, suicide is NOT murder, and that's my final word on this.

And as long as that's ALL you keep saying...It makes your argument no more legitimate...Now, people like lcplsmith who are actually arguing, not just whining, I can deal with...But its a little hard to fight something that doesn't say anything to back up their claims.

Haha as long as we all agree suicide is utterly unacceptable and selfish, and NEVER justified, than I think were all straight shooters, and hard charging straight shooters are good to go in my book.

Henderson, I just can't understand why you think suicide is MURDER? To me, no, it ain't. Suicide is suicide.

well, suicide may be viewed as wrong, but if someone really wants to end their lives, who can tell them 'no, you have to live'

I believe they should have the moral fortitude to tell themselves "no". However, those who recognize the symptoms I think have a moral obligation to speak up about it and find that individual help.

Haha as long as we all agree suicide is utterly unacceptable and selfish, and NEVER justified, than I think were all straight shooters, and hard charging straight shooters are good to go in my book.

I don't agree with that at all.

Suicide (Euthanasia) is perfectly acceptable to me as long as the person A) wishes it B) the condition is both untreatable and/or Terminal or if the patient suffers without end.

I don't agree with that at all.

Suicide (Euthanasia) is perfectly acceptable to me as long as the person A) wishes it B) the condition is both untreatable and/or Terminal or if the patient suffers without end.
Euthanasia isn't suicide...Euthanasia is more murder than suicide is...Suicide without help is wrong, but having someone ELSE do it for you...That's just the epitome.

And as long as that's ALL you keep saying...It makes your argument no more legitimate...Now, people like lcplsmith who are actually arguing, not just whining, I can deal with...But its a little hard to fight something that doesn't say anything to back up their claims.

And where is it said that any person has to backup their own beliefs?

Wake up!!! it is his belief therefore of course it is correct to him , end of story.

You argue like a pair of Philadelphia Lawyers over NOTHING, it is a personal decision and does not have to be justified. Like I don't like broccolli, but I do not have to justify that fact, it is just that,.... a fact. Like suicide is suicide and rootbeer is rootbeer. Get over it!!

Now, both of you, go to your rooms.

Back