moral/political discussion

There is always something...Wether its a belief in God, or a belief in the fact that there is no God and we only get one life to life. If that's the case, then they have faith that there is nothing else, and if that's true, then why would they kill themselves anyway?

There is a possibility that they have nothing to hold on to, and say they did believe in God, and their life was miserable, causing them to be depressed. They could think that God was punishing them, or w/e ignoring them, Im not saying they're right, but then they could feel like God abandoned them.

That quote..."though a mother..." is from the Bible...God essentially wrote the Bible right? So, why would God lie?

Now, if they have nothing, why would they throw their life away? Why not live it? If its all they have...

Ok well I just we're just going to have to agree to disagree, cause you're never gonna convince me.

Well, we diverted from the true topic of the thread...Murder is killing a person, and suicide is killing...Therefore suicide is murder. Am I right?

Whoa....I have never seen discussing like that for 5 pages in 3 hours by 2 posters.

Why not? You have yet to prove that theory wrong...That's what I was expecting...Not just blatant defiance with no back up.

No, you didn't. You brought the subject to personal beliefs. That still doesn't prove how killing oneself is different from killing another...A life is a life, is it not?

personal beliefs...let's see since we're both no expert on suicide how can you say my reasons are not legitimate?

Because your reasons were reasons to questions I never asked...I never asked WHY they might kill themselves...I asked why you consider killing yourself different from killing another...

I TOLD you, endangering others, the state of their mind...it's...complicated and in depth, you can't just skim the top and expect to know everything, and be so sure about it.

Well, we diverted from the true topic of the thread...Murder is killing a person, and suicide is killing...Therefore suicide is murder. Am I right?

Haha this is a common argumentative fallacy. Using your logic, one might make the assumption that since some teachers rape their students, and people who rape other people are rapists, all teachers are rapists, and clearly, this isn't true. I do agree though, suicide is a terrible thing that should not be tolerated, and its horribly immoral and selfish. Im gonna have to agree with Philam on this one!

I DIDN'T skim the top 2 years ago.

Now, endangering others...That doesn't hold up...Unless of course you consider the person killing themselves a lesser being.

I NEVER SAID THIS WAS ABOUT YOU...all Im saying was that not everyone could have overcome it like you did

Haha this is a common argumentative fallacy. Using your logic, one might make the assumption that since some teachers rape their students, and people who rape other people are rapists, all teachers are rapists, and clearly, this isn't true. I do agree though, suicide is a terrible thing that should not be tolerated, and its horribly immoral and selfish. Im gonna have to agree with Philam on this one!
No no no, you misunderstand me. It's not like that. I'm saying that killing is killing. You cant apply rape to this situation. Its not quite the same situation.

Philam, "YOU cant skim the top of it and expect to know everything about it." That made it about me, but thats not the point.

The point is, they can overcome it. Anyone can overcome it. Its a matter of wanting to.

I absollutely think Philam is hitting this argument right on the head.. Those who kill other people, for the most part are afraid for their own safety, hence why they kill. Its important to realize that they kill to maintain a sense of control. The murderer's mindset is totally different from one who freights hurting others, but believes that hurting his or herself is ok.

Back