moral/political discussion - Page 3

--
moral/political discussion

May 1st, 2007  
Rob Henderson

Honestly...Why in the world would someone kill themselves just because someone said they should, or said anything to them?
May 1st, 2007  
philam15

Quote:
Originally Posted by C/1Lt Henderson
Honestly...Why in the world would someone kill themselves just because someone said they should, or said anything to them?
cults...mass suicide
May 1st, 2007  
Rob Henderson

Again...They are willingly listening to those cults...Therefore, they have intent to commit...Sounds like the definition of murder to me.
--
May 1st, 2007  
philam15

brainwashing? bullying?
May 1st, 2007  
Rob Henderson

Willing. Anyone can say no.
May 1st, 2007  
philam15

I doubt anyone can understand the pressure, and depression that can influence you to consider suicide unless you've been there
May 1st, 2007  
Rob Henderson

Then please let me handle this, I contemplated suicide, and dug myself out of that hell hole. I understood it, but I also understood that I had WAY too much to live for. Me killing myself would only hurt the ones I'd never want to hurt. Permanent solution to a temporary problem...Nothing is impossible to overcome.
May 1st, 2007  
philam15

Unless that someone had a weaker mindset than you. You can't expect all people to just suck it up, and "pull through" not everyone lives the same life. Some people as well as being depressed have abusive parents, live in a bad neighborhood ect, ect....I can "what if" forever, but some people no matter how hard they try could not overcome depression without some help.
May 1st, 2007  
Rob Henderson

Then get help, don't kill yourself.
May 1st, 2007  
philam15

THATS JUST IT, they're so deep, they CAN'T get help, sometimes its just too late...