Montoya to Compete in ARCA Event at Iowa Speedway

Team Infidel

Forum Spin Doctor
Chip Ganassi Racing with Felix Sabates (CGRFS) announced today Juan Pablo Montoya will continue his stock car education next weekend in the ARCA RE/MAX Series event at the Rusty Wallace designed and owned Iowa Speedway. Montoya will pilot the #4 Texaco/Havoline Dodge for his second start in a stock car. "Iowa Speedway is a tough track and will be a real test for me," said Montoya. "The hardest thing for me during the test session last week was the braking. I got up to speed pretty quick, but I wasn't racing with anyone else. I'm looking forward to the short track experience, especially at such a great facility. Rusty (Wallace) built a great race track." Montoya made his stock car debut on Friday in the ARCA race at Talladega Superspeedway. He started on the outside pole before taking the checkered flag in the third position. Montoya and the Texaco/Havoline team also tested at Iowa Speedway last week as part of his preparation to take over the driving duties of the #42 Dodge Charger in the NASCAR NEXTEL Cup Series in 2007. The Prairie Meadows 250 is scheduled to begin at 2:30pm/et on Sunday, October 15 and will air live on Speed Channel.(Chip Ganassi Racing with Felix Sabates PR)

Back