Monsters of the Left: The Mujahedin al-Khalq

phoenix80

Banned
By Michael Rubin
FrontPageMagazine.com | January 13, 2006

Few terrorists groups garner the bipartisan endorsement and support that Iran’s Mujahedin al-Khalq Organization [MKO] has. On October 20, 2005, several congressmen and many aides attended a briefing in Congress. Maryam Rajavi, co-leader of the group and self-styled president-elect of Iran, addressed the gathering by video from France.[1] She received a warm reception. Rep. Sheila Jackson Lee (D-Texas) thanked “Sister Maryam.”[2] A bipartisan group of U.S. Congressmen have signed petitions calling for the U.S. Department of State to lift its 1997 classification of the group as a terrorist organization.[3] In an April 8, 2003 interview, Rep. Ileana Ros-Lehtinen (R-Fla.), chairwoman of the House International Relations Committee’s Central Asia and Middle East Subcommittee said, “This group loves the United States. They're assisting us in the war on terrorism; they're pro-U.S. This group has not been fighting against the U.S. It's simply not true."[4] Ros-Lehtinen is wrong. Unfortunately, hers is a mistake common to some on the left and the right who care deeply about Iranian freedom but fail to understand the nature of a group which, in public, says the right things about freedom and democracy but, in reality is dedicated to the opposite. Maryam Rajavi and her husband Masud are adept at public relations and adroit at reinvention, but the organization over which they preside eschews democracy and embraces terrorism, autocracy, and Marxism.

Origins
The roots of the MKO lie in the early 1960s. For years, clerical and feudal interests had blocked real reform in Iran. Society was paralyzed. In 1961, under pressure from the Kennedy administration, the Shah appointed as prime minister ‘Ali Amini, an Iranian aristocrat and former ambassador to the United States, whom Washington respected as a reformer. Amini began to challenge the traditional classes and interest groups who had long hampered reform. In January 1962, the Shah decreed Iran’s first real land reform. The Shah assumed the mantle of reforming crusader. He launched “the Shah-People Revolution,” better known as the “White Revolution.” Its six points were: land reform, nationalization of forests, sale of government-owned factories to finance land reform, women’s suffrage, a Literacy Corps in which conscripts could serve as an alternative to the army, and distribution to workers of part of factories’ profits. Such reform cut deep into the fabric of Iranian society, angering social conservatives, clerics, and xenophobic nationalists.

Against this backdrop and angered by both the growing secularization of Iranian politics and the influx of foreigners, engineer and Islamic activist Mehdi Bazargan formed the Liberation Movement of Iran. His goal was to combine Iranian nationalism with Islamism. “We refuse to divorce religion from politics… because Shi‘i Islam is an integral part of our popular culture,”[5] the group stated in its inaugural declaration. Ayatollah Mahmud Taleqani, a free-thinking and modernizing cleric introduced to Marxist thought while imprisoned in the 1930s, became a mentor to Bazargan who, in turn, would become provisional prime minister during the first days of the 1979 revolution.

In July 1962, Amini resigned in anger over both the Shah’s military spending and anger at what he considered the stinginess of other U.S. aid. Chaos reigned supreme. The ayatollahs seized the initiative. Islamic groups marched against social reforms and the new laws which restricted the clergy’s traditional privileges. Ayatollah Ruhollah Khomeini rose to prominence as the head of the clerical opposition.

By 1963, what little tolerance the Shah had for the opposition evaporated. On June 5, 1963, he ordered Khomeini’s arrest. Rioting erupted and ended only after the police killed several hundred students and demonstrators.

Ironically, even as the Shah’s crackdown sent oppositionists underground, his reforms catalyzed their growth. State scholarships enabled a far greater range of Iranians to receive higher education than at any previous time in history. University campuses became incubators of opposition. Young radicals looked abroad and drew inspiration from revolutionary movements in Algeria, Vietnam, Cuba, and elsewhere.

Read more @

http://www.frontpagemag.com/Articles/ReadArticle.asp?ID=20780

I find it interesting reading Phoenix, but what point are you making? I'd like to reply to start a discussion.....but I don't know what the starting point should be!

Sorry!

Rest assured that the majority of Iranians would not want to be liberated by MEK and its pathetic ideology... MEK's deeds speak louder then their words.

Both Islamic Republic and MEK are autocratic, oppressive, delusional and terrorists regimes headed by a bunch of megalomaniacs. The main difference is that Islamic Republic is currently in power and MEK is not, so it is striving for power and an absolute one at that. All the song and dance about "Democracy" by MEK is a massive deception. Khomeini made similar promises before he came into power. Anyone who knows about history will know that MEK has constantly aligned itself (mainly through atrocities) with anyone and anything to further its own cause and agenda at any cost. Their objective has never been patriotism toward Iran or its people. It has ALWAYS been about expediency.

And I'd strongly believe that MKO is no friend of the USA. The organization is extremely dangerous and ruthless. They make the Khmer Rouge look like boy scouts! I would not trust a word they say or anything they write if it says they are friendly towards the USA. Nothing that comes from this marxist terrorist group can be construed as truth. They may not favor the current regime in Iran, but they have an agenda that is just as sinister. Remember the promises of the "Revolution" and look how they played out.... LIES, LIES, and more:cen: :cen: LIES!!!!! I hope the NSA is monitoring them too. If someone could get the message to the US government about MKO, that would be terrific.

Last edited:
yes!I think you know the best is Reza Pahlawi:what a damn monarchist you are!
and may be you know,every night you are going to asleep with dreaming a fully democratical government such nice americans and frenchs!with free opinion about religion and human right,liberation,joy,happiness,....and just wait a minute,I heard a loud explosion from iraq,are they americans?....

The MEK are not nice guys. Saddam gave them some support just to keep some pressure on Iran for supporting Kurdish groups in the north, but even he kept them at arms length. We hopefully learned from our experience in the 1980s in Afghanistan to watch which groups we use to achieve our policy goals. IMO the MEK are a far sight worse than the Afghan Mujahedeen ever were. Frankly, it's probably a good bet that whatever Sheila Jackson supports is something that should be avoided.

Insight said:
The MEK are not nice guys. Saddam gave them some support just to keep some pressure on Iran for supporting Kurdish groups in the north, but even he kept them at arms length. We hopefully learned from our experience in the 1980s in Afghanistan to watch which groups we use to achieve our policy goals. IMO the MEK are a far sight worse than the Afghan Mujahedeen ever were. Frankly, it's probably a good bet that whatever Sheila Jackson supports is something that should be avoided.

Good Post!

Note

Hey Guys, I just want to warn you about Mujahidin-Khalgh. It's an organization based on terrorism. They murdered more than 17000 People in Iran and Many of kurd people in Iraq. The mek members did spionage aginst their country for Saddam They had a Marxism ideology and a history of Organized crimes. MEK terrors

Hey Guys, I just want to warn you about Mujahidin-Khalgh. It's an organization based on terrorism. They murdered more than 17000 People in Iran and Many of kurd people in Iraq. The mek members did spionage aginst their country for Saddam They had a Marxism ideology and a history of Organized crimes. MEK terrors
Since their goal is to overthrow the Iranian Islamic regime, I believe that they are more a threat to Iran.
They are no longer on the Terror list in either the United States or the European Union.

"One of the unsubstantiated allegations against the Mujahedin-e Khalq (PMOI/MEK) is that it was involved in the suppression of Iraqi Kurds and Shiites in the aftermath of Operation Desert Storm in 1991. The source of this allegation, which later found its way into a 1994 Department of State report on the MEK,[1] and subsequently in the Department's Country Reports on Terrorism, is none other than the Iranian Ministry of Intelligence and Security (MOIS).

The fact is that in the aftermath of the 1991 Persian Gulf War, the Iranian regime launched an extensive propaganda campaign alleging that the MEK had played a role in putting down the Kurdish uprising in northern Iraq. The propaganda blitz specifically meant to overshadow Tehran's dispatching of thousands of troops into Iraq in March and April 1991 to destroy MEK bases close to the Iran-Iraq border."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/ali-safavi/emreality-checkem-mek-sup_b_526627.html

Nice try :wink:

Since their goal is to overthrow the Iranian Islamic regime, I believe that they are more a threat to Iran.
They are no longer on the Terror list in either the United States or the European Union.

"One of the unsubstantiated allegations against the Mujahedin-e Khalq (PMOI/MEK) is that it was involved in the suppression of Iraqi Kurds and Shiites in the aftermath of Operation Desert Storm in 1991. The source of this allegation, which later found its way into a 1994 Department of State report on the MEK,[1] and subsequently in the Department's Country Reports on Terrorism, is none other than the Iranian Ministry of Intelligence and Security (MOIS).

The fact is that in the aftermath of the 1991 Persian Gulf War, the Iranian regime launched an extensive propaganda campaign alleging that the MEK had played a role in putting down the Kurdish uprising in northern Iraq. The propaganda blitz specifically meant to overshadow Tehran's dispatching of thousands of troops into Iraq in March and April 1991 to destroy MEK bases close to the Iran-Iraq border."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/ali-safavi/emreality-checkem-mek-sup_b_526627.html

Nice try :wink:

The good terrorism and bad terrorism, When ISIS is against Asađ 200 SAS troops are helping them and when they got close to Arbil they converted into Jihadi Terrorist, Collation was Sahped and air attacks started.
Alqaeda fought USSR so they needed your weapons then you made a cia agent [timy osman=watch Fahrenheit 9/11 whith M.M.] as their boss and on a false flag you captured Iraq and Afghanistan. And now your supportin Rigi's team, Pejak, MKO and so on for damaging your enemies. What can you say when US gov murdered Davidians for nothing.
And I preffer wathing the "Stat De Siege" movie.

Politics and war makes strange bedfellows and both are dirty games.
Such is the reality.

Michael Moore? Well, manipulation or creative documentary? Who knows!

Swedish Satan speak with monster voise.

:lol:

Their are medications, treatment and consoling for this sort of thing: Voices, Hallucinations, etc. However I don't think airing these concerns on the forum will provide much relief.

I hate Gud and Jesus when my voises eating through.

I am anti christ same like The Devil? I liked.

The Devil is powerful in war.

The Devil is like all christian's > protestant. I liked. My old religion protestant. I never want to be cahtolic because they belief on Jesus. I have beleiving in talk in forums. I can write my trust. I am same like The Devil I trust now.

Back