Monica remembered.

Del Boy

I have a copy of Monica Lewinsky's book, personally signed to me by her.

Couple of questions. Should this have been posted on the political thread or the modern history thread; and does this prize rate above or below my 'to Del boy from Mae West' aut:smile:eek:graph.

It rates so far below Mae West, I don't think it even makes it on the scale of coolness. Mae West was the bomb! I love her movies. :)

Right, Mae West was great and she was here in London in the late 40's heading her show Diamond Lil ; the cast shared the same acting teacher as myself so I was in a favoured:smile: position.

Monica visited this town and my daughter found it amusing to bring me a personally adressed and signd copy of her book. Just a little bit of history I guess ; funny old world, ain't it?

How about John Lennon and Paul McCartney - and Ringo ? Does TOG find that a little more acceptable than the Clinton saga?

I never met Charlie Chaplin or Laurel and Hardy - that would have been great I reckon. At least we are left with Chaplin's music 'Limelight'. :)

Really? Hmm. I still think they would've been fun to meet and talk to. And the Three Stooges. And Laurel and Hardy. And definitely Abbott and Costello. I would've loved to have seen "Who's On First?" in person. :)

oh man, this brings back some great memories, just thinking of all the stuff these guys did. personally, i love the Marx Brothers the most out of all of them. my family's favorite scene is...

Zeppo: Dad, I am proud to be your son.
Groucho: You took the words right out of my mouth, I'm ashamed to be your father.

Great gag- I am falling about LOL, all over again.

How about this one TOG. Groucho to lady with 19 children :- 'Why so many children?'.

'Well I just love my husband so much'.

'Well I love my cigar - but I take it out of my mouth once in a while!'

Back