A moment of Silence

bulldogg

Milforum's Bouncer
Five years on and I still remember where I was and what happened like it was yesterday.
:salute:
This fight is yet to be won.

Well, I cant say I am where I am, but I know I will always remember that day five years ago. And I will never forget the lives of those people.

I have shed sweat, blood, and tears because of a 9/11. I have lost friends because of 9/11. I have prayed to God in fear because of 9/11. But I will never forget 9/11.

That date will forever be part of me.

On that day I thought I lost family. But on that day I also knew I was going to war. Luckly Jesus Christ pulled my cousin away from the World Trade Center and protected her from the dangers of the world. Jesus Christ pulled me aside that day to.

But he spoke to me. He told me that as a Christian I must turn my cheek if I am attacked. I asked him what if my loved ones are attacked, do I turn my back on them? Jesus answered that as a Christian I am also a Soldier of God's Army. That I was put on this Earth to vanquish the evils of the world and protect the weak from the wicked. The good Lord told me of what I must do and that I shall be forgiven for my tresspasses against my fellow man.

I have seen the horrors of man but also the greatness of man. I have taken lives because of 9/11. I face demons in my sleep because of 9/11. I have lost friends closer to me than brothers because of 9/11. But I shall forever remember why I have done what I did because of 9/11.

9/11 was the day that the Lord told me that I will be forgiven for my transgressions. I unlike my enemies know that there is a heaven and that you enter it not by doing what they have done on 9/11. But by acting in accordness with a teachings of Jesus Christ. That even though I am a Christian Soldier of God's Army. That I am not a conquerer but a liberator.

I fight in the act of good and righteousness. I punish the wicked because I am a device for God's plan but I help the weak through my own strengths.

For as mentioned I have taken part of the worst Sin against God. I have taken life. But I have helped save it too through those actions. I will never forget the faces of those in Afghanistan that I helped. The young and the old, the weak and the frail, and lastly those that cannot defend themselves. For I believe that God made me live a harsh life i had as a youth in Cuba so I know what others live through daily. That by testing me in my youth, I shall overcome but never forget what true misery is.

Today I speak not as a Republican or a Right Winger. Today I speak as a simple humble subject of the Lord's Work. 9/11 is a part of me until my last dying breath. The actions that I have taken because of 9/11 are part of me.

I am but a speck of nothing compraded to those that gave all on 9/11. Those in the Pentagon, those in the World Trade Center, and lastly those on Flight 93 and the other three aircraft.

My Brothers in Arms and I that fought the good fight after 9/11 are forever greatful to those that fought the good fight on 9/11. They showed us what true heroism is, they passed the torch to us. And I pray that I have acted honorably in their stead. That I have done what they wanted done.

In the end. I hope that my actions were righteous and good, that I made them proud. They are heroes, I am nothing but a witness of their courage.

God Bless and God Protect.

remember.jpg

Last edited:
5.56X45mm
I found the following phrases/words just a little bit sappy and flowery ... I can applaud your sentiments though: "the Lord told me" ... "device for God's plan" ... "I have taken part of the worst Sin against God." ... "I speak as a simple humble subject of the Lord's Work."

As a veteran of another war, I too also realise how hard it is to come to terms with what has happened in combat. Not just to you ... but to friends, neighbors, relatives and especially to comrades in arms. If you must couch your sentiments in the prose and wrappings of religion to help yourself resolve these mixed feelings ... then more power to you.

Hopefully you never awaken from the nightmares that have haunted warriors from the dawn of time ... I hope it will NOT require you to make a trip to a wall where the names of so many of your comrades are scribed deeply into it's black surface for you to have the peace you seem to be searching for (for me it was the trip to The Wall that helped with the healing).

It is one of the hardest things in the world to answer the question "Why did so many of them die while I lived". The answers are NOT easy of answer, and someone telling you that time will work for you instead of against you doesn't really resonate.

BUT ...TIMES DOES HELP WITH THE HEALING.

I pray that you will be successful in your search for personal answers. And, thank you for your service to God and country.

Back