molle II ruck US Army

Duty Honor Country

Has anyone used or heard of the new molle II ruck system? It seems the 101st is issuing it to most soldiers. I think it is an improvement over the ALICE ruck, but most of my infantry counterparts despise the thing. Here is a link to a site on the molle II and a few picts

molle II web site

molle_01.jpg

MOLLE%20II%20Rifleman%20set%20complete.jpg

iv heard some guys calling it the worst they have ever used,since its less manipulative and the ruck "skeleton" breaks very quickly,so i think that good ol' ALICE is still the "man for the job"

I was going to say it looked like an improvement over the ALICE as it has the back molding form factor of high quality civilian models, but seeing Marksman's post about it breaking there would definitely be a no go. I'm wondering if it could be made more rugged or is the concept just not transferable from civilian models due to military harsh treatment?

As far as I can see, the only down fall of the molle II is the frame (shown below). The thing is made of plastic. When I was in the field a few weeks ago, I saw 3 frames brake, all due to the same problem. The soldiers were attaching heavy assault packs to the frame. You do this by running 2 straps from your assault pack through the spaces at the very top of the frame and clip them back to your assault pack. It seems the soldiers with the broken frames ran both of their straps through the center space of the frame. That puts a lot more stress on the frame then if you ran each strap through the left and right spaces of the frame. I initially ran both my strap through the center space until I saw one frame snap.

The molle II system is quite confusing. It took me 2 weeks to get my pack put together. I hope I explained this problem so you all can understand.

SDS%20Pack%20Frame.jpg

Heck. I've seen the LC2 frames snap especially on the mortar monkies.

They say that the SALLIE system is better.

Back