Mole Skin

Anyone ever heard of mole skin? It's supposed to be something to help you avoid blisters on your feet while wearing boots, and I'd like to know a place I can purchase it.

Kinda like padded gauze here. Supposed to stop the friction between the foot and the boot. It's felt like with an adhesive baking.

In my experience it wasn't worth the effort of cutting and sticking. Good boots, the right socks and powdering my feet and changing socks worked best.

I use those special spandex type socks. They prevent bunching up of the sock and "wick away moisture." It's supposed to help prevent blisters. I was going to try the mole skin patches but the socks looked like a better idea.

All that is true but moleskin is used when you get a "hot spot" or even an actual blister. What you do is cut a piece of mloeskin that's bigger than the blister/hot spot. You then cut a hole in the moleskin so that the blister won't have any pressure on it from the moleskin. Once you put the "donut" over the blister or hot spot, any friction will be on the moleskin and not on your injury. The intention is to relieve some pressure and friction from the sore spot. Take it from an old infantry type, it works. Still, prevention is the best medicine but never go anywhere without your moleskin it can keep you on your feet.

03USMC said:
DTop said:
Take it from an old infantry type, it works.

So Top what was best to keep moisture ot of the frizzens on the Brown Bess? :)

Sorry couldn't resist :)
Don't be sorry everyone knows all you need is a good heavy leather frizzen cover. Don't leave home without it. :D

I run everyday and I have flat feet and every now and then I get some real nasty blisters. Of course, if you've read some of my posts, you'd know I'm preparing myself for BCT and OCS, and I'm afraid the boots are going to tear up my feet, and as I am the research type, I'm trying to find out as much as I can and tie all th lose ends before I go.

I thank you guys for all of your insightful comments!

Back