MODS?

mods good,admin good end of story.............unless u wouldnt like to make a farytale called "redneck in pink" or something........

This is actually one of the very few forums I'm frequented that was this well moderated. While there are things a moderator might do that people disagree with, that's not a big problem here. Most actions are kindof super-obvious.

can i officially ask for a Crying Emoticon............. because i need to cry a river here and i can't find a crying Emoticon . :(

And Redneck you can forget what i said ............they are not at all yummy :x

i will find another pair to hang on to . :mrgreen:

Is it just me or has a new MOD been picked. Cause I see a new one

Where ?.............. Who?...............why didn't i get a chance :evil:

-=SF_13=-

Admin edit: Fake signature removed, please buy the signature privilegie in the forum PX instead.. ;)

Quote:

Where ?.............. Who?...............why didn't i get a chance
AHAHAHHAHAHAHa not so fast lads,i tried but was rejected even if i spent literally whole days in front of MillQuotes,they want someone with war expiriance(which i have........i guess that they are looking for a vet or an army guy) so no MODs for u.AHAHAHAH i love this

dougal said:

Yes, DTop has agreed to help us out now.
He's got more military (and life) experience than most of you put together.. ;)

You can find some info about the forum staff here:
http://www.military-quotes.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1930

And SwordFish_13, I've already posted a warning to you in another forum, I would strongly suggest that you follow it!

Thanks

Hey DTop, congrats buddy.

Yall need to chill with the mod deal. I have my own little forum of like 10 people (was made for a certain reason - something stemmed off another forum), and I have 2 mods for the reason that I can't even remember the URL. However, there is this kid that keeps buggin me to be a mod. I do not need 3 mods for 10 people, nor do I want someone who wants mod powers just to edit other posts.

Wining and asking isn't cool guys. Offering your services is, but always remember, you can be turned down. If you do, obviously someone else was better cut out for the deal.

The question was answered.

Swordfish, I'm almost sure my bite hurts worse. It takes a lot more then someone hurting my feelings to make me use it.

Heya

However, there is this kid that keeps buggin me to be a mod.

Tell him to walk into your house with 10,00,000 $ and then say please and you will make him a Mod........ :)

I do not need 3 mods for 10 people, nor do I want someone who wants mod powers just to edit other posts.

This place has more mods than i have even seen in a Fourm ...............I am a memebr of some of the Biggest fourms in Business and have 3 to 4 Mods

For Example www.antionline.com has over 80,000 members ( it has been said that it had 1,00,000) .................and at any time 200 to 700 Members and guests combined are online................the fourm has only Two active mods.

Personally i wouldnt want to be a Mod because of members constantly bitching at them and because of all the work...........i am one lazy ass :D

Swordfish, I'm almost sure my bite hurts worse. It takes a lot more then someone hurting my feelings to make me use it.

JLo.............. is that you JLo .............My long lost Brother :cry: ............naaa it can't be you he used to bite harder than you do.

But because you too can bite do you thnk we could be relared ;)

SF_13 Sharpens his teeth by Grinding them against a Rock............oopsy i think i broke one.

and DTop congrats on becoming a mod and for the official , traditional and ceramonial SwordFish welcome........ SwordFish Eyes towards the nuts :p ..

I pity you too ..........now you will have to put with all the crap i post :?

Cheers
-=SF_13=-

Admin edit: Fake signature removed, please buy the signature privilegie in the forum PX instead.. ;)

DTop,my congratulations on MOD promotion,we need more people like u in this cyber base,and sword fish,please whatch ur lenguage so u wouldnt go MIA acsidently

SwordFish_13 said:
This place has more mods than i have even seen in a Fourm ...............I am a memebr of some of the Biggest fourms in Business and have 3 to 4 Mods

For Example www.antionline.com has over 80,000 members ( it has been said that it had 1,00,000) .................and at any time 200 to 700 Members and guests combined are online................the fourm has only Two active mods.

You can't compare a tech related forum like that to a military forum like this one, it's two different worlds to moderate them....
The worst thing that could happen there is that two "geeks" starts to argue about who's got the biggest harddrive, but in here the discussions usually ends up in that my country can crush yours any day, and 50 other members jumps in on each side, and then all h**l breaks loose.. ;) :lol:

On that forum they also use use a user ranking system, so each member can actually act as a moderator by assigning positive or negative points to other members (based on their posts)

One other reason why we have several mods here is that most of us work full time in the military (or other places), so we can be gone on exercises, courses etc. for days/weeks at the time, so we have to make sure that at least one or two of us are available in the cyberworld while the rest are away saving the world (or something like that)... :)

Hi Redleg,

Then you haven't seen the flames rage Redleg .................you don't know how ugly it gets when two geeks argue :D.

And yes you are Absolutely correct about Points thing they are called Antipoints........JP started a Concept called Self moderation where Members collectively Moderate the forums..........memebrs can themself ban other Members , Close Threads etc by assigning Antipoints..................but it's not related to Number of Posts...............you have to earn them by posting quality posts........other member assing you Points for your post... :)

And yes it's True no two things are alike ..............and could require different level of moderation.............i was just commenting on 2 mods for 10 memeber thing didn't mean to compare these two Fourms literally............you people are doing a good job here keep up the good work.

just the atmosphere is a bit too tense for my liking :m1:

Cheers
-=SF_13=-

SwordFish_13 said:
just the atmosphere is a bit too tense for my liking :m1:

I agree that it can (unfortunately) be that sometimes.

But the nature of many of the threads in here forces us to tighten the rules a bit sometimes, especially in the military related discussions.
The discussions have got way out of lines too many times in the past, especially the my-country-will-beat-your-country-anyday-blindfolded threads...

but my country will beat your country anyday blindfolded, one hand tied behind the back, and still make it home for dinner.... :D

Congrats to DTOP. He'l be great but if I do recall Redleg said a non U.S.

BuT i do very much like Dtop. Dont tell him that!!

dougal said:
Congrats to DTOP. He'l be great but if I do recall Redleg said a non U.S.
!

I'm mainly looking for non-US now, to spice up the international aspect of the forum..

DTop is replacing another US moderator, so he's not really "stealing" the non-US moderator position.. ;)

which reminds me that if you guys start acting like normal people, you can probably get a shot at my position in 9 months...seeing as i will be in the army and all.

Back