Modern Russian Battle group?

Doc.S

Land based warfare is today conducted in Battalion sized formations. This I know about western formations. Several squads is a platoon, several platoons forms a company and several companys makes a battalion. I wonder how a modern 2000 Russian battle group or heavy maneuver battle group is organised today? All from support Vehicles to tanks, APCs, infantry, air support, guns and rocket batterys. Please stay on topic guys, I am in need for some serious help. Going to knock my friends in a strategic game called SPMBT v3.01. This is not a game topic, even if the information collected on this topic will be used in one. Explanation the game I am talking about is almost as sophisticated as IRL combat my friends are telling me. :D

Cheers:
Doc.S
:viking:

Doc.S said:
Land based warfare is today conducted in Battalion sized formations. This I know about western formations. Several squads is a platoon, several platoons forms a company and several companys makes a battalion. I wonder how a modern 2000 Russian battle group or heavy maneuver battle group is organised today? All from support Vehicles to tanks, APCs, infantry, air support, guns and rocket batterys. Please stay on topic guys, I am in need for some serious help. Going to knock my friends in a strategic game called SPMBT v3.01. This is not a game topic, even if the information collected on this topic will be used in one. Explanation the game I am talking about is almost as sophisticated as IRL combat my friends are telling me. :D

Cheers:
Doc.S

One of topic post :) i have that game! :D

Snauhi well me and some friends are going to play this game in What-IF mode. And I am going to be the Russian player for three different scenarios. Attack, Meeting, Defend mission.

I have found something that may help me to tune my forces for a NATO vs Russian What-IF scenario 2008 game mode. My friends will play with basic NATO formations for modern warfare, and I will play the Russians. It will be an Eastern Anchor area battle for resources thingy but on European grounds.

"Japan suddenly leach the navy and the army towards the Kuril Islands, and the territorial-ethnic conflict that involves Russo-Chinese, Chinese-Vietnamese, Japan-Korea, and Chinese-Indian border Issues, where a ethnic unrest in Xinjiang Province and Chinese-Indonesian disputes over ocean boundaries suddenly explodes.

U.S is at the moment passive with their main forces concentrated in the Chinese resentment of Taiwan separate status as a nation-state. :lol:

NATO forces will be involved when Russian armour moves towards Poland again, after that EU has another political failure, when EU trying to halt the Republic of Russia to defend their geostrategic positions in the far Eastern Anchor area with UN resolutions and sanctions. The Russian bear have enough of silly European liberal diplomatic short time solutions and takes actions to defend what they recall as their sovereignty in a last battle for their ppl and the motherland.

General Doc.S will try to strike deep in to enemy land and take strategic defence positions to make EU take back UN sanctions and acknowledge the Russian republic`s right to defend itself and their borders when EU have rejected the Russians wish for EU membership for a long time now."

Well this is the thought behind the battles.

LINK for RU help:
http://warfare.ru

Cheers:
Doc.S

Thanx gladius OH World At War! I have played that game and before my computer crashed I did have it on my computer. It is almost as SPWW2v701 but with better sound and all that. It is big! :D

This times when working and all that I only play SPMBTv3.01 It is also a great game! With alot of modern stuff that I love! :lol:

However I got the information that I needed for my scenario building, But I think the scenario will be on hold untill the new Windows version of the game is released this spring.

Modern Russian Battle group!

Motor Rifle Divisions: 21 Mortor Rifle Divisions are active in the Russian army.

120 T-64/T-72

120 BMP-1/2

450 BTR60/70

Airborne Division: 4 Airborne Divisions are active in the Russian army.

240 BMD-1/2/3 IFVs

90 2S9 Self-Propelled morters

Artillery Division: 12 Artillery Divisions are active in the Russian army.

280 122mm D30 & 152mm D20/2A36/2A65

60 122mm BM21 & 220mm 9P140 MRLs

72 100mm T12A TA

72 SA8 & SS11 SA

Armored Divisions: 5 tank divisions are currently active in the Russian army.

360 T64/T72/T80/T90

150 BMP-2/3s

250 BTR70/80

120 122mm 2S1 & 152mm 2S3/2S5/2S19 SPA

40 122mm BM21 & 220mm 9P140

76 SA6, SA11 & SA15 self propelled artillery, surface to air systems.

Cheers:
Doc.S

yes gj in finding those facts

One thing I don't think NATO has that is equivalent to the Russians are the Artillery Divisions, which can pack a punch if used correctly.

Which makes me wonder how much Russian military doctrine has changed since the fall of the USSR and also the Gulf War. Nowadays they probably use a combination of both old school Soviet and Western military doctrine, I'm guessing.

Technologically the EU still has the edge with the LeClerks & Leopards. I hope you are given more purchase points or have some sort of numerical superiority or else the EU will most likely win the day, unless of course superior generalship comes into play.

gladius:
Which makes me wonder how much Russian military doctrine has changed since the fall of the USSR and also the Gulf War. Nowadays they probably use a combination of both old school Soviet and Western military doctrine, I'm guessing.

Well I can try to get some facts on that one too ;)

But I am on your line when it comes to a type of combined Western and Soviet old school, I guess wild over here. What I do know is that after the Gulf War the Russians did look over its armoured forces pretty quick. They got state-of the art Frence built night vision (probably the same ppl that made Leclerc systems) in their new tanks. The new Russian tanks are as computerrised as ours. Give the Russians 8-12 more years and they will be in a perfect condition I think. Wild goose guess! :lol:

Snauhi:
i must play with you sometime doc.

And can u play like 2vs2 at the same time?

Send me a PM and we can talk more ;)

Cheers:
Doc.S

Doc.S said:
Give the Russians 8-12 more years and they will be in a perfect condition I think. Wild goose guess! :lol:

Crap, thats just great. I hope the Mahdi don't buy those, but that's another subject. ;)

Back