Modern Fighter Cage Match: Round 3

Which fighter would win in a dog fight? Round 3

• F-16C Falcon

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Eurofighter Typhoon

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Trevor

This is Round 3 of 5. The winner of the last round is the F-16C Falcon, beating out the F-15E Strike Eagle 4-3.

Alright, here it is. This is the Modern Fighter Cage Match. There will be 5 rounds. I will put up a poll with 2 fighters and you guys vote for which ever one you think would win in a dog fight. I will leave it up for two days. The winner of that round will move on to the next round to go up against another fighter. The winnder of the last round will be forever in Cage Match Heaven. ASSUME BOTH PILOTS ARE EQUALLY SKILLED.

Trevor said:
This is Round 3 of 5. The winner of the last round is the F-16C Falcon, beating out the F-15E Strike Eagle 4-3.

Alright, here it is. This is the Modern Fighter Cage Match. There will be 5 rounds. I will put up a poll with 2 fighters and you guys vote for which ever one you think would win in a dog fight. I will leave it up for two days. The winner of that round will move on to the next round to go up against another fighter. The winnder of the last round will be forever in Cage Match Heaven. ASSUME BOTH PILOTS ARE EQUALLY SKILLED.

The block 60 F16 is out and is being used by UAE. It is at this time the single most advanced fighter on earth. It already has a SAR radar which can see further and better than anything we have in our own AF (current active fleet-excluding F22). With it's helmet mounted sights, AIM9X and AIM 120C AMRAAMs the Eurofighter is not as capable. Under real world conditions the F16block60 has conformal fuel tanks which extend the range yet do not induce drag like on the Eurofighter which by the way is not even operational (so the whole issue is a mute point). The Germans for example use the "L" model Sidewinder and the "B" model AMRAAM. Though the Typhoon is a good plane, I think the Europeans managed to create another plane which will cost more, come later and just MARGINALLY outperform an older and cheaper airframe which though has a more powerful radar and more advanced weaponry. It's a close call in my opinion, but kind of pathetic when concidering the cost difference and that the F16 is from 1979.

I think the Typhoon would win here although e=mc2 is correct. The Eurofighter is too late and changing circumstances mean it was designed for a threat that no longer exists. Still a good plane but not good enough for a new plane designed to last another 20 odd years in service.

Back