View Poll Results :Which fighter would win in a dog fight? Round 1
Sukhoi Su-27 Flanker 2 15.38%
F-16C Falcon 11 84.62%
Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

--

September 14th, 2004  
Trevor

Topic: Modern Fighter Cage Match: Round 1

Alright, here it is. This is the Modern Fighter Cage Match. I There will be 5 rounds. I will put up a poll with 2 fighters and you guys vote for which ever one you think would win in a dog fight. I will leave it up for two days. The winner of that round will move on to the next round to go up against another fighter. The winnder of the last round will be forever in Cage Match Heaven.

NOTE: I REALIZE IT SAYS SU-29. i ACTUALLY MEANT THE SU-27 FLANKER.
September 15th, 2004  
godofthunder9010

The natural bias of many of US servicemen is likely ot make the results of this come out wrong.
September 15th, 2004  
SAINT

F-16 is better.. and not just the hardware, the pilot training is very important too. An experienced pilot can shoot any bandits down.
--
September 15th, 2004  
Redleg

I think we should leave the pilot training out of this one, and say that both pilots are equally trained (country doesn't matter).

The poll is for the hardware only...
September 15th, 2004  
Grimnar

aint Sukhoi Su-29 a aerobatic trainer??
http://www.russianaeros.com/su29product.htm
Dont think it could last too long vs a F-16.
September 15th, 2004  
godofthunder9010

So we're comparing a prop-plane with a fairly modern jet engined fighter? Gee, wonder who will win??
September 15th, 2004  
SleepySweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010
So we're comparing a prop-plane with a fairly modern jet engined fighter? Gee, wonder who will win??
You're absolutely right - good catch! http://www.snaproll-sukhoi.com/su29.htm Maybe it was a typo for Su-27
September 15th, 2004  
godofthunder9010

"And for our next round, we will be pitting the LETHAL Japanese Zero against the puny Mig 29!!"
September 15th, 2004  
Trevor

Oops! Sorry, guys, I meant the Su-27 Flanker. COuld a mod edit that for me?
September 15th, 2004  
Red_Army

If I was a combat pilot, I'll take the SU-27 Flanker over the F-16 Falcon. Winning the battle depends on skill, not equipment.