Modern Fighter Cage Match: Final Round!

Which fighter would win in a dog fight? Round 5

• Eurofighter Typhoon

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Lockheed F-35 Joint Strike FIghter

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Forget the JSF, lets talk about the F22 Raptor. That plane would smoke any Eurofighter. Us Air Force fields them next year. Its stealth. Eurofighter isnt even stealth. So how in the hell is the eurofighter gonna shoot it down? Its sure as hell not gonna catch it or outmaneuver it. Plus, the Europeans aren't even close to fielding it. Thier still fighting over which color to paint it! LOL :twisted:

Ps.. To compare the Eurofighter to the JSF is like comparing apples and oranges. The JSF is a strike plane. F22 is a true fighter. Plus the F-22 has a really cool name!

@ BigBert:

Stealth doesn't mean it's invisible...there are other means to detect an aircraft too.
I fully acknowledge that the F-22 is a great aircraft, I'm just saying that there are other factors involved.

Yes we know Stealth isn't fail safe but it makes the opponent's job MUCH MUCH harder. And the chances of you retaining the element of surprise, which is a massive force multiplier is increased DRAMATICALLY.
You won't believe how amazing the element of surprise is.
I guess the best example of my personal experience comes from paintball. Me and two other guys snuck behind the lines and hit the bad guys from the rear. They never knew what hit them. Our three guys took out their entire team of 9.
Same principle applies here.
If the JSF sees the Euro fighter first (which will pretty much always be the case) the guys can start planning and laying a trap well in advance. Euro fighters will be scanning the area and the JSFs would have taken position to cook the Euro fighters.

BigBert96 said:
Forget the JSF, lets talk about the F22 Raptor. That plane would smoke any Eurofighter. Us Air Force fields them next year. Its stealth. Eurofighter isnt even stealth. So how in the h**l is the eurofighter gonna shoot it down? Its sure as h**l not gonna catch it or outmaneuver it. Plus, the Europeans aren't even close to fielding it. Thier still fighting over which color to paint it! LOL :twisted:

Ps.. To compare the Eurofighter to the JSF is like comparing apples and oranges. The JSF is a strike plane. F22 is a true fighter. Plus the F-22 has a really cool name!
thanks man. we really love you too.
so what its not stealth WHOOOPTYDOO! who cares if it has a better radar,range,manovourability and strike capability then it will win.
forgive me if i am wrong but it seems you dont understand what "stealth" does to an aircraft. the JSF isnt invisible its just harder to see but it will be seen on radar. arent even close? so the two squadrons of EF's are what tornados with a fancy bodykit?
also one thing your great f22 got its ass kicked off a bigger and better aeroplane it didnt win because it was better it was the cheaper solution nothing else.

If I'm in a F22 or JSF vs you in a Eurofighter and I'm flying directly at you, you can't see me on your radar. I can see you just fine. I'd say that constitutes a pretty big advantage.

Does the Eurofighter have good thrust vectoring ... if any?

Another crime is that the SU-47 didn't compete. Thats damn good aircraft, though probably not the very best around.

godofthunder9010 said:
If I'm in a F22 or JSF vs you in a Eurofighter and I'm flying directly at you, you can't see me on your radar. I can see you just fine. I'd say that constitutes a pretty big advantage.

Does the Eurofighter have good thrust vectoring ... if any?

Another crime is that the SU-47 didn't compete. Thats damn good aircraft, though probably not the very best around.
uhh dude you can see me for a wee while then i woukd pick you up, also the EF has a good radar so would pick up the JSF as since its not totaly stealth.
the EF doesnt but its naturally unstable so turns and stuff better.
also please dont compare the EF to the F22, the EF is a light fighter not an air superiority fighter like the F22.
last time i cheked the JSF didnt have thrust vectoring ethier.

I plead ignorance on the JSF for thrust vectoring, but its still a damn good aircraft. I like the Eurofighter, but I don't think it would be the JSF in 1v1. Course there is only 1 way to test that ...

godofthunder9010 said:
I plead ignorance on the JSF for thrust vectoring, but its still a damn good aircraft. I like the Eurofighter, but I don't think it would be the JSF in 1v1. Course there is only 1 way to test that ...
i think it would come out on top but it wouldnt be a easy fight.
hmm yeah proibably see it next time the RAF gets bored.

The Other Guy said:
I think the entire Eurofighter series is lost about 8 years behind the rest of the world. of course, I could be wrong...
first plane to have supercruise???
automatic stabaliseing incase pilot blacks out?
its a good aircraft i wouldnt call it 8 years behind id call it up there with the top i mean it has the latest tech on board and is a decent plane with high manovourability.

I agree. The Typhoon/Eurofighter is a good and very modern fighter. Let me remind you its 30 years newer than the F16 and F15...

SHERMAN said:
I agree. The Typhoon/Eurofighter is a good and very modern fighter. Let me remind you its 30 years newer than the F16 and F15...
the F15 is still a good craft , as i rem age isnt really a problem.
there was a veiw test by the RAF/USAF in diveing attacks between the f16 and the spitfire. the spitfire won a couple.
also the F-15 was beaten in A2A combat in a test by a vulcan. the vulcan is REALLY manovourable.

Sources dude.
Because I also "heard" a Lancaster bomber would take out a Tornado.

But yes, the F-15 is still a very good jet.

Doesn't the JSF have vertical take-off capability? Wouldn't that constitute thrust vectoring? Im not 100% sure but if you go to military.com I think theres a video of it.

Kinection said:
I think it's the first military aircraft to have supercruise, I'm believe the Concord had the ability to go Mach without afterburners too.
concrod= civilian.
eurofighter= military.
also i have not giot any sources just heard from a few FAA guys.

The USMC and British versions of the JSF will have vetricle take off capability.
I wouldn't really call it vector thrusting because vector thrusting implies that the jet exhaust has a way to deflect the force of the exiting gas to affect the manouver of the plane while in forward motion. Like the F-22. But the JSF's exhaust in forward flight stays constantly straight and only changes when it's going into its hover mode.

USAF and USN versions of the JSF will not have verticle take off capability.

BigBert96 said:
Doesn't the JSF have vertical take-off capability? Wouldn't that constitute thrust vectoring? Im not 100% sure but if you go to military.com I think theres a video of it.

Back