Eurofighter Typhoon 4 36.36%
Lockheed F-35 Joint Strike FIghter 7 63.64%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

--

October 16th, 2004  
devilwasp

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Other Guy
I think the entire Eurofighter series is lost about 8 years behind the rest of the world. of course, I could be wrong...
first plane to have supercruise???
automatic stabaliseing incase pilot blacks out?
its a good aircraft i wouldnt call it 8 years behind id call it up there with the top i mean it has the latest tech on board and is a decent plane with high manovourability.
October 16th, 2004  
SHERMAN

I agree. The Typhoon/Eurofighter is a good and very modern fighter. Let me remind you its 30 years newer than the F16 and F15...
November 2nd, 2004  
devilwasp

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHERMAN
I agree. The Typhoon/Eurofighter is a good and very modern fighter. Let me remind you its 30 years newer than the F16 and F15...
the F15 is still a good craft , as i rem age isnt really a problem.
there was a veiw test by the RAF/USAF in diveing attacks between the f16 and the spitfire. the spitfire won a couple.
also the F-15 was beaten in A2A combat in a test by a vulcan. the vulcan is REALLY manovourable.
--
November 3rd, 2004  
A Can of Man

Sources dude.
Because I also "heard" a Lancaster bomber would take out a Tornado.

But yes, the F-15 is still a very good jet.
November 5th, 2004  
BigBert96

Doesn't the JSF have vertical take-off capability? Wouldn't that constitute thrust vectoring? Im not 100% sure but if you go to military.com I think theres a video of it.
November 5th, 2004  
Kinection

Quote:
first plane to have supercruise???
I think it's the first military aircraft to have supercruise, I'm believe the Concord had the ability to go Mach without afterburners too.
November 5th, 2004  
devilwasp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinection

I think it's the first military aircraft to have supercruise, I'm believe the Concord had the ability to go Mach without afterburners too.
concrod= civilian.
eurofighter= military.
also i have not giot any sources just heard from a few FAA guys.
November 6th, 2004  
A Can of Man

The USMC and British versions of the JSF will have vetricle take off capability.
I wouldn't really call it vector thrusting because vector thrusting implies that the jet exhaust has a way to deflect the force of the exiting gas to affect the manouver of the plane while in forward motion. Like the F-22. But the JSF's exhaust in forward flight stays constantly straight and only changes when it's going into its hover mode.

USAF and USN versions of the JSF will not have verticle take off capability.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBert96
Doesn't the JSF have vertical take-off capability? Wouldn't that constitute thrust vectoring? Im not 100% sure but if you go to military.com I think theres a video of it.