Modern Day Canadian Air Force

Trevor

Modern Day Canadian Air Force trivia. Sorry, no milbucks for this one. This one's just for fun.

1. How many Air Force bases are there in Canada?

2. The primary fighter aircraft of the Canadian Air Force is?

3. The type of aircraft based at 1 Wing Kingston is?

4. What is the main job of the CH-149 Cormorant?

5. Name a major fighter base outside of Canada.

6. What base does the NATO Flying Training Program occure?

7. What is the name of Canada's famous aerobatic team?

8. Where does advanced flighter training take place?

9. What is the purpose of 22 Wing North Bay?

10. Which two Canadian Air Force squadrons based in Doha Qatar during the Gulf War were nicknamed "The Desert Cats"?

1. 13
2. CF-188 Hornet (That's right, 188. If you don't believe me, check the AF Wing Poster)
3. CH-146 Griffon
4. SAR (Search and Rescue)
5. Edwards AFB
6. 15 Wing, Moose Jaw, Sask.
7. 431 Air Demonstration Squadron (More known as the Snowbirds)
8. 15 Wing, Moose Jaw, Sask.
9. It provides surveillance, identification, control, and warning for the aerospace defence of Canada and North America.
10. Unk.

Great job. Most of those were right except one, which was my fault anyway, it was my wording that was screwed up. I was talking about a CF air station outside Cananda, such as CF air station Alviano, Italy. Also, advanced fighter training is wiht 410 Sqn at 4 Wing at Cold Lake Alberta. Basic jet training is in 15 Wing Moose Jaw, and 416 Lynx and 439 Tiger Sqns were known as the "Desert Cats" during the gulf war. They did bombing missions in Kuwait and Iraq.

Umm.....dude.

'If you are selected to fly Fighter or Training aircraft, you will remain in Moose Jaw at the NATO Flying Training Centre to take additional training on the Harvard II. After this additional training, you will then transition to the British Aerospace Hawk jet aircaft.'

Straight out of the CFRC site for MOC 32 (Pilot)

hmm...you ssound like you're talking about more than me, and that's what one of my instructors from this summer did who's becoming a CF-18 pilot.

I see... I suppose you can't really argue with an instructor going the CF-18 training. Now that I think of it, the CFRC's seem to not tell the truth VERY often.

Back