Modern Calvary,

One Swedish cavalry unit is something similar as the US 101st Air Assault Division.

There is one cav unit in Stockholm using horses still, but only for ceremonial duties. What this unit does in the case of war, I don't really know. They might ride into the sunset. I view this unit in the similar way as how I view the marching music bands

I have never seen the US military using horses at ceremonial events.

One Swedish cavalry unit is something similar as the US 101st Air Assault Division.

There is one cav unit in Stockholm using horses still, but only for ceremonial duties. What this unit does in the case of war, I don't really know. They might ride into the sunset. I view this unit in the similar way as how I view the marching music bands

I have never seen the US military using horses at ceremonial events.

Here in the states the U.S. Army does have horses that are used for ceremony. And even maintains stables and trained soldiers to care and train on them. However apart from limited use in Afghanistan by select Special Operations forces are not as far as I know used in combat.

Members of the U.S. Army here on the forum if they chose to do so can chime in and share more.

Back