Mobile Tactical Vehicle Light, Cargo Carrier (MTVC)

Charles

Hi all. New here. I was wondering does anyone have any pics or know of any resources that have actual pics of the subject title in question? It's the MTVC. I've been doing lots of searches on google an military sites but was unable to find any. Also, I'd like to know how does one enter into one of these things? Or is it a simple matter of going through the opening or hatch on the top?

I'm trying to build a model of it. Thanks :peace:

Here is a link to the subject in question: http://www.uniteddefense.com/www.m113.com/mtvc.html

Please, I'll be very frateful for the info. Thank you kindly.

Thanks for the link but the vehicle in question does not exist on their page. Thanks for trying. I guess I'll just have to guess that they do enter the drivers compartment through the hatch.

Here you go!

MTVCD.gif
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Univers,Zurich BT][SIZE=-1]Mobile Tactical Vehicle Light, Cargo Carrier (MTVC) the latest "stretched" derivative of the M113 family of light armored vehicles. This unique vehicle is available as a new build or by conversion of an existing M113 vehicle. The MTVC offers exceptional automotive performance, cross country mobility, and substantial increases in cargo carrying capability over the M548 Cargo vehicle. The MTVC features an upgraded powertrain, combining the 400 hp Detroit Diesel. 6V53TIA electronically controlled engine with the Allison X200-4B Hydrokinetic transmission. The reconfigured suspension system gives the MTVC more than 15 inches of roadwheel travel, providing improved ride comfort and control. The MTVC includes a versatile 218 ft' flat-bed cargo area with over 14,000 lb load carrying capability. The vehicle is also equipped with two large sliding storage drawers to carry personal gear and on-vehicle equipment. Armor protection for the crew is provided by the M113's aluminum armored hull. Optional add-on armor packages are available, providing protection up to 30mm ballistic attack. The MTVC uses components common to the M113FOV, ensuring high reliability, plus common maintenance techniques and an established logistics support base. The MTVC is roll-on/roll-off transportable on a C-130 aircraft. Based on more than 30 years of combat vehicle expertise, the MTVC is an affordable, supportable solution for all cargo carrying needs.[/SIZE][/FONT]

Back