Mob Rule

A Can of Man

Je suis aware
Guys I just got back from the protests at City Hall in Seoul. I wasn't protesting, rather just taking a look, taking photos and video of the event.
It's mob rule against a democratically elected government.
I had a face off with a protestor so I have a bit of an adrenaline rush right now. The guy was verbally abusing the riot police so I told him to stop doing it because the cops can't go home even if they want to. The protestor (a real old guy) started getting pissed off at me for standing up against an older person and started saying all sort of stupid stuff.
"Were you a riot policeman? Hey, you've seen me, right?"
Etc etc. Said all kinds of foul sh*t but I just didn't give a damn. He started calling his friends and since my plan for the day didn't involve crippling old people, I disappeared into the crowd when he and his friend turned their back on me.
Yeah, so they claim they have a right to be there? Well what about my right to be there? I guess it's like how if their people get elected, it's democracy but if anyone else gets elected, it's suddenly dictatorship. Great.
I just love this country.

btw: BBC ran the story too but their video clips did not really reflect what was going on. Violence was at an absolute minimum unlike some video clips they chose, although the reporter did say that it wasn't violent and it looked more like a "sit it out" fest. Overall, if you were listening, not a bad piece of reporting. If you were just watching the clips, it was inaccurate.

Last edited:
Look at it this way dude. At least Koreans have the motovation to get out and protest. Whether you agree with the agenda or not. Here it's mostly fringe lunatics of ethier far stripe that have no idea what they are protesting.

They don't know what they're protesting here either.
They hated Noh Moo-hyun and now that he's dead suddenly he's a hero again? WTF is wrong with these people? They're out to protest because they want drama. They feel that if they don't feel sad about his death, they are being unpatriotic somehow. If you understand the stuff the guys in the crowd were saying you'd realize it's a bunch of f*cking bull sh*t.

In America, the lunatics take to the streets. In South Korea, everyone's a lunatic.

it could be worse 13th, you could be living in Belgium. believe me Korea isnt as ****ed up as this little shitty country i live in.

That's only because you don't know what this place is like.
Yeah Belgium's got its own thing with Flanders and Wallonia banging heads against each other but at least they don't hit the streets in support of a country with thousands of artillery pieces, Scud missiles and millions of soldiers and an arsenal of WMDs pointed their way.
Or cry assasination when their former leader (who they hated by the way) committed suicide after a corruption probe found his folks guilty - and the guy ran on an anti-corruption ticket too.

Why are we shocked about a corrupt politician? I want to know where we can find a straight one!!

13 - it sounds as if you've had a bit of a tricky time - hope that uyou keep safe. How do you assess the mood, I know from the news that N Korea has been grumbling a lot, but what are the S Koreans saying and doing - are they buying bulk bottled water and preparing or is it just another phase for them?

It's just another phase for South Koreans. No real panic about war of any kind.

Well Perseus, the point about the corruption is that not many folks here base their entire career around fighting corruption. That guy did. No one forced him to take the money and when an investigation found him guilty, he offed himself. So how is that the current administration's fault?
They say it was politically motivated and yes, the investigation was politically motivated, but they didn't lie either.
After ex-President Noh Moo Hyun left the presidency, he slowly started to join the ranks of those working against the current president, Lee Myung Bak. So obviously if you hold the title of ex-president and you're working against the current president, you're going to be a problem for the current administration. So they decided to see if they could find anything on No Moo Hyun to shut his ass up. They probably didn't expect him to jump off a f*cking cliff.
The press release was that his family had taken the money, but many suspect that he had to put the blame on his family instead or else his political movement against the conservatives could collapse.

Thebigcrowd.jpg

Last edited:
hehe sounds like a plan.
I have videos of the event on my blog and there's a link somewhere in our politics section as well.

That's only because you don't know what this place is like.
Yeah Belgium's got its own thing with Flanders and Wallonia banging heads against each other but at least they don't hit the streets in support of a country with thousands of artillery pieces, Scud missiles and millions of soldiers and an arsenal of WMDs pointed their way.
Or cry assasination when their former leader (who they hated by the way) committed suicide after a corruption probe found his folks guilty - and the guy ran on an anti-corruption ticket too.

lol when you put it like this, say 13th maybe we should try to get into the USA :p

ps: were can i find youre blog? :)

Back