MND denies United States may sell Tomahawks

rock45

MND denies United States may sell Tomahawks

Tuesday, October 23, 2007
AFP

TAIPEI, Taiwan -- The defense minister yesterday denied a report that the United States may sell Tomahawk cruise missiles to Taiwan in a bid to control arms development in the island. Defense Minister Lee Tien-yu said he "has not heard of such a possible arms sale as reported," while replying to a query raised by an opposition lawmaker.
A military source told the Taipei-based China Times that "Washington is very likely to sell Taiwan Tomahawk cruise missiles if Taiwan is capable of mass producing its own Hsiungfeng 2E cruise missiles."

Full story

http://www.chinapost.com.tw/taiwan/2007/10/23/127820/MND-denies.htm

Lets see - China sells Iran 24 jet fighters b/c their hard up for parts for the outdated f-14's we sold them a hundred years ago... Lets stick it to those creatins - sell Taiwan enough TLAMS to make the whole countryside of China glow in the dark!
:firedevi:

Agree

I agree 100 percent and take a step further lets upgrade Taiwan A/B Vipers while we at it.

A military source told the Taipei-based China Times that "Washington is very likely to sell Taiwan Tomahawk cruise missiles if Taiwan is capable of mass producing its own Hsiungfeng 2E cruise missiles."

So we are going o sell them Tomahawks so they stop producing hsiungfeng cruise missles? what do we gain from this?

Not much

Not much really maybe some added Tomahawks sales. I was just voicing my opinion following the past poster if China going to sell Iran fighter lets sell more to Taiwan. The quote you quoted me on is a from a news article that I found, not one I wrote. Your question confuses me a little on how its phrased I'm not sure I should answer. :neutral:

Back