Mitt Romney - OUT

No way on a McCain/Huckabee ticket, Remember that Huckabee and McCain are both despised by Conservatives. People would just stay home. McCain will pick another hawk as a running mate -Perhaps Joe Lieberman...

And frankly Huckabee's evangelist apostatizing scares off lots of REPUBLICAN voters in none bible belt states. Some of what Huckabee has said is downright scary. The Baptists in the Mid-West for example would not go for a hardcore evangelist, nor would the Catholics in New England.

I think the Libs would think Huckabee on the ticket would be Christmas come early.

Also, while McCain is the likely candidate Huckabee isnt out of it completely, the fat lady hasn't yet sung (although she is on her way to the Podium)

Hey - is McCain shaking you boys up, there? You really need a good oldie to give you a break. Think of it as a nice comfortable massage - a rub down with a velvet glove. Luvly.

McCains message for America, encapsulated in the great American song :-

"Put your head on my shoulder
You need someone who's older
A rub down with a velvet glove.
There is nothing you can take
To relieve that special ache
YOU AIN'T SICK
You're just in love!"

Altogether now....

(Of course we are each in love with different ideas. Take a look at our 'Alter-ego' thread for my take on this)

BTW TOG, you gotta try to be a bit more consistent. One minute you are putting our Prince Andrew on a pedestal above your elected representatives on account of his service in the short Falklands campaign and next minute you call your own war hero McCain a fat lady.
TUT -TUT my lad - just won't do - it's definitely the naughty stool for you on that one. Respect where it's due, always remember. He-he.

Last edited:
No way on a McCain/Huckabee ticket, Remember that Huckabee and McCain are both despised by Conservatives. People would just stay home. McCain will pick another hawk as a running mate -Perhaps Joe Lieberman...

And frankly Huckabee's evangelist apostatizing scares off lots of REPUBLICAN voters in none bible belt states. Some of what Huckabee has said is downright scary. The Baptists in the Mid-West for example would not go for a hardcore evangelist, nor would the Catholics in New England.

I think the Libs would think Huckabee on the ticket would be Christmas come early.

Also, while McCain is the likely candidate Huckabee isnt out of it completely, the fat lady hasn't yet sung (although she is on her way to the Podium)

I hope Huckabee pulls out.

I would rather not vote for either, but I will vote for anyone in order to keep Obama and Hitlery out of the White House and so far McCain is the most popular of the two. If the republican votes are spread between two choices I think the liberals might very well win. (I say liberals, not democrats, because Obama and Hillary are way, way out in left field...in my opinion anyway).

I hope Huckabee pulls out.

If the republican votes are spread between two choices I think the liberals might very well win. (I say liberals, not democrats, because Obama and Hillary are way, way out in left field...in my opinion anyway).

Much to the contrary. I think they're being too soft... :)

Yup.

'til she takes guns from law-abiding citzens. For our 'safety.'

Some of those 'law abiding' citizens you mention like to take assault rifles into shopping malls or use their school classmates as clay pigeons.

You do know that Hilary is much more conservative than Obama. A view on one particular issue shouldnt automatically disqualify a candidate, I dont like Clinton because she was a collaborator for the Bush Administration, when she should have opposed it.

She put her political career ahead of good governance.

Some of those 'law abiding' citizens you mention like to take assault rifles into shopping malls or use their school classmates as clay pigeons.

You do know that Hilary is much more conservative than Obama. A view on one particular issue shouldnt automatically disqualify a candidate, I dont like Clinton because she was a collaborator for the Bush Administration, when she should have opposed it.

She put her political career ahead of good governance.

+1 for that post.

Sometimes when it's sink or swim, have to go with the people with the life jackets, even if you don't agree with them.

Back