Mitsurbishi ATD-X superior to F-22?

Japaninwar

I was recently looking at specifications for the Mitsurbishi ATD-X, and it seems to me that barring some sort of design flaw, it will be a better aircraft than the F-22. Sources are confusing though, as some claim it will have a max take-off weight of 8 tons, a full 34 less than the F-22 and, it seems to me, an unrealistic number. The possible Microwave Weaponry and self repairing ability ought to give it an edge in one-on-one combat, though I don't know how the number would compare. I'm not sure whether the F-22 uses a fly-by-optics system, but if it doesn't, that's another advantage. It is slightly smaller, so the payload will be smaller, but it should be more nimble. Unfortunately there is no info on the max speed yet, but it looks like it will be pretty fast.
Anyway, I just wanted see what other people thought of it?

Since it obviously has some flaws and shaky sources, it must be a fake, a rumor, or a planned aircraft that has a long way to go. It is obviously another country trying to show something to its people by announcing another military product that isn't even planned or official.

He is referring to this aircraft:
img20091013200302884.jpg

However, as for claims of what it will be able to do, I'll wait until it's actually flying.

Lol, today all fighter planes look like that. The sleek nose, the slooped wings, the high cockpit, the raised back wings.... Every jet looks like that since the F-22 was born

I was recently looking at specifications for the Mitsurbishi ATD-X, and it seems to me that barring some sort of design flaw, it will be a better aircraft than the F-22.
You are basing this on what, supercruise speed, engine thrust, specific fuel consumption, maneuverability, etc.? If you think stealth is the F-22A's main advantage over other fighters again, you are badly mistaken. Japan's ability to make state of the art fighters, they produced the F-15J and it would up costing them more than if they had purchased it from McDD.
The 'Mitsurbishi ATD-X ShinShin' is a technology demonstrator (like the Su-37) and originally due to have its first flight next year but, budget cuts have delayed that time period. Smart money says whenever it flies or becomes operational, Japan will produce more than 187 fighters!

some claim it will have a max take-off weight of 8 tons, a full 34 less than the F-22
Remember, the F-15 is more maneuverable than the F-5 or MiG-21, both of which together are lighter than the F-15! Originally, the ShinShin was to be around the JAS-39C Gripen in size.
Google "Mitsurbishi ATD-X", there is a bunch of hits.
URL;
http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread499088/pg1 __ Nice forum discussion on the topic
http://www.Wikipedia.org/Mitsurbishi ATD-X __ Nice overview of the topic

Back