Missing Gear

5.56X45mm

Milforum Mac Daddy
I know that all of you have learned about Murphy's laws of combat. Well this is somehting like it.

I was stationed in Kabul and all of a sudden we got a mortor attack. So naturally, I look for my rifle. Which strangley it as disappeared. Well, all i got me is my M9. We handle the situtuation and everyone is safe. Expect I still can't find my rifle. I truly swear to God that it was right next to my bunk. Well, I teel my sarge (mistake right there). And he simply teels me his. "Look son, just place your pistol where your rifle was and don't worry." I just looked at him in shock. I'm thinking, he's got to be nuts. He explained to me that there exists a special creature in the world of military operations. What he calls the "SPECIAL FORCES GNOME". Well, what they do is. They take whatever life saving, important item that you need. And replace it with somehting else. And sure enough, when i didn't need my rifle. POOF! it shows up where I swear I left it. At first I thought he was pulling my leg.

But after my time in the sandbox. It still happens. The TV remote vanishes and is replaced with something useless. Like a coster. Or my car keys are replaced by my keys to the gun safe. Weird stuff. But I'm gonna trap them one of these days I tell you. And this just hasn't happened to me. I know that you guys also suffer from those pests.

Happens all the time to me. I lay a piece of paper down (I work in a supply office) and look for it not 5 minutes later and all I see is the papers that went UA (Unauthorized Absence) the day before. :?:

When I was at Encampment, I couldn't find my BDU cover. I had gone through my bag, but when I got back and looked through my bag, there it was.

goes the same at the squadrons too, there will be a problem w/ 1 aircraft such as a bad attitude indicator, or a gyro goes bad, we fix it on that bird and then a different bird gets it, we fix it on that bird, and then another bird gets the same problem... i think its the same gnome.

Gremlins, my grandpa used to tell me stories about the damn gremlins.

On Tonga and Guam the natives will tell you to stay out of the jungle. If you violate it, there are some little pygmy spirits that will attack you. Next day- bruises all over your legs. :lol:

Oh its got to be a relative of the Gremlin. Every time I let KBR clean my clothes I would send out 4 pairs of boxers and get 3 back and a females panties back. Sick sense of humor those lil Ba***rds have!!

Back