Missing Air Force major found

bulldogg

Milforum's Bouncer
RALEIGH, N.C. - The U.S. Air Force officer who disappeared in the Kyrgyz capital this week has been found, her father-in-law said Friday.

Maj. Jill Metzger, 33, was found on the side of the road with her head shaven, Kelly Mayo said in a telephone interview with The Associated Press from Colorado Springs.

Story continues below ↓
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
advertisement

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I know she's coherent, and whoever had her let her go," Mayo said. "We've got her back. Praise the Lord."

Mayo said the Air Force's Office of Special Investigations notified the family Friday afternoon but were given few details. He said his son, Air Force Capt. Joshua Mayo, was elated after being told about his wife.

"I can't even describe it. He's just beside himself, just unbelievable joy," Mayo said.

Military officials said the newly-wed Metzger, dressed in blue jeans and a sweater, vanished Tuesday during a shopping trip to a tourist hotspot in Bishkek, where she was searching for souvenirs to bring home to her family.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/14736318/

Most likely more than just her head was shaved. I have heard of this... odds are she has been shaved all over. As the family said, at least she is alive.

Back