Missile Defence

Whispering Death

Hey, I'm looking to learn more about the current U.S. missile defense program. I'm looking for the timeline, test results, technology, cost, and pretty much everything about the Bush administration's plan. So any links would be greatly apreciated.

There was one specific question though, I heard something about a gigantic floating radar site to be put up in the Pacific ocean. Anyone know anything about that?

The giant floating radar would be unlikely and not pratical at all. It would cost less to out fit the many Pacific islands into a giant radar web. And as for the technology involved for defense plan Bush plans on converting some Boeing 747s into a mobile laser platform for striking long range high altitude missiles like nuclear missiles. I think that he is going to use intercepter missiles to take out fast moving targets and short range missiles.

For those who thought Dubya was a fool in persuing this haven't considered that he's merely making his moves to counter the moves China will inevitably make in future.

No people can't just get along. That's just been the established rule that stretches back to the cave man days. We've always fought, had false hopes of peace only for reality to sink in again.

the_13th_redneck said:
For those who thought Dubya was a fool in persuing this haven't considered that he's merely making his moves to counter the moves China will inevitably make in future.

You were overreacting man; you don’t even get the purpose of missile defense system.
“It is the policy of the United States to deploy as soon as is technologically possible an effective National Missile Defense system capable of defending the territory of the United States against limited ballistic missile attack (whether accidental, unauthorized, or deliberate) with funding subject to the annual authorization of appropriations and the annual appropriation of funds for National Missile Defense.”

“Against LIMITED ballistic missile attack (whether ACCIDENTAL, UNAUTHRLIZED, or DELIBREATE)”

Basically, it is not aimed to country like Russia, china, and other countries with large nuclear capabilities. If those countries start a nuclear war, it won’t be a limited attack. Everyone knows that, and those countries will not be stupid enough to start one.

Where you get those thoughts anyway??

Back