Miss President! Do you think it will happen...

Topgunjn1

Lord I hope not. Nothing wrong with women mind you I think they make excellent leaders. But not on that magnitude. I feel other countries would wonder what the hell is going on.

Let me know what you think. Sorry if I offend any ladies out there. Just a question

It sure as hell won't be Hillary Clinton. She makes the Wicked Witch of the West look like a playboy model. I can vote for a woman. Just not that evil swamp creature.

if this is a question of "will" rather than "should," then i think there will be. and dont be too surprised if it is mrs clinton. this country leans more and more to the left all the time. its only a matter of time. soon we will have a lesbian, atheist, single woman as president. :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Nothing wrong with women mind you I think they make excellent leaders. But not on that magnitude.

Ouch! A bit condescending!

So, women can make great leaders. They can even wield considerable power over the country. They just can't become President. Of course, we'll always allow some cowboy who regularly butchers the English language to become President - but why? He's a guy, of course! :lol:

this country leans more and more to the left all the time...soon we will have a lesbian, atheist, single woman as president.

You've had adulterers [Bill Clinton] and unstable drunkards [Richard Nixon] already, not to mention a President whose wife regularly consulted an astrologer on advice about decisions [Nancy Reagan, wife of Ronald Regan]...I think the US is already doomed :lol:

Anyways, I think if someone is voted in, then they're voted in. Doesn't matter if it's a woman.

Whispering Death said:
If Condi runs she'll win.

Doubt it, this administration will be finished in 2008. Even the Republicans in Congress are beginning to think so. I suspect thats also why Jeb Bush won't run.

If The republicans want to run a woman in 2008 their best bet would be a moderate like Olympia Snowe, otherwise I'd go with a unknown.

tomtom22 said:
It's inevitable. ABC already has a TV Show " Commander in Chief".
50 years ago if you said we would have an actor as president, some people would have laughed at you. Then along came Ronald Regan.
I agree with 5.56, not Hillary Clinton. For reasons why see this:
http://www.military-quotes.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=16190&highlight=walking+eagle

once again, the MEDIA IS Biased towards the Liberal Left of America. This is proof right there. ABC wants to get people used to the idea of Hillary Clinton being POTUS.

Ooooh but you can't have women at that magnitude, Missileer. :roll:

Yeah there's gonna be a woman President. Get used to it, Topgunjn1. It's not a question of "if" but "when".

I will be very, very surprised if Hillary Clinton doesn't try for her party's nomination. If she does, she will get it because nobody else is being groomed from the left side of the aisle.

Charge 7 said:

Yeah there's gonna be a woman President. Get used to it, Topgunjn1. It's not a question of "if" but "when".
Yeah Charge it may be inevitable but folks can reserve the right not to like it ;)
Personally, I don't care if or when a woman manages to get elected president. It's more important to me which woman gets elected.

I hope a woman doesn't get elected for President. Gosh, that would suck. I would much rather a man be elected. No offense to woman or anything. I just think men have a much better sense of "taking control of the situation."

DTop said:
Charge 7 said:

Yeah Charge it may be inevitable but folks can reserve the right not to like it ;)
Personally, I don't care if or when a woman manages to get elected president. It's more important to me which woman gets elected.

My feelings exactly, Top. I don't consider gender an issue in politics. Oh and far be it from me to say what people can like or dislike. ;)

Many of the leading countries have had a woman leader and most of them have been top notch. There has been women leaders in India, Pakistan, Israel, Britain and many other European countries. Lets face it they can't be much worse than what you have got at the moment.

Is there a Neanderthal alert on this forum? We have has queens for the last century and it worked.
As Leeenfield said, many nations have had women and they hold their own. Being Prez in the US... it will be the advisors who run the show as they do now.
Just don't let it be Condi, I've had it with her coming to Europe twisting the historical facts so she could use them for her talk on Iraq. Bloody hell, the eclectic nature of using history made me sick to my stomach.

Then again; for how long would she be in office before some nutcracker would sent her to the after-life?

Back