Mishmash

moving0target

Some funny and some not so funny, but all are interesting.

1sb1.jpg

Pull up! Pull up!

2tg0.jpg

Gotta love sea trials. Any Navy guys here ever been on a carrier during these manuvers?

3og1.jpg

No parking any time!

5qu7.jpg

Oh :cens:!

6um3.jpg

Some red shirt is going to have a Chief-sized boot print in his fifth point of contact.

7jb1.jpg

How not to land a Merkava.

8ik2.jpg

Boom.

lol, nice ones.. wonder what happened to that plane.. where did it land? and oh whats its name again? its not the Galaxy right? nah, what is it? ^_^ aha! the c 17 8) I see alot of them flying around every once in a while :)

And how did the rocket fall from the F/A 18 ? lol

Last edited:
MightyMacbeth said:
And how did the rocket fall from the F/A 18 ? lol

There's a solenoid called an MRD or missile restraint device on the launcher. Sometimes, after a sorty, a pilot will forget to lock the MRD back on, so when the tailhook grabs the plane, the missile keeps right on going. And, I've also seen MRDs fail.

Team Infidel said:
I took this photo at Ft. Sill...

Sir, how on earth did they manage to flip that M270?

I was at Ft. Sill last year, I see it was heat cat 5 for them :).

Maytime said:
Sir, how on earth did they manage to flip that M270?

I was at Ft. Sill last year, I see it was heat cat 5 for them :).

They were on the trail that went from the Motorpool to Moway House and there is a pretty tight S curve going through a dried up stream. They took it too fast and flipped it. I am not good at physics, but they had to have been moving and done a very hard pivot stear.

I remember rucking past the motorpool (sometimes through it if the stream swelled), I can also remember some of the treacherous terrain :D.

Missileer said:
There's a solenoid called an MRD or missile restraint device on the launcher. Sometimes, after a sorty, a pilot will forget to lock the MRD back on, so when the tailhook grabs the plane, the missile keeps right on going. And, I've also seen MRDs fail.

ooh, they better be careful.. do they get punished in some way?

Back