Miscellaneous War Quotes

Turelio

I'm new here. These are some quotes from my collection. I tried to weed out any that were already on the site, but I may have missed one or two.

"You know, a football game can be over very quickly if the other team decides not to play." General Norman Schwarzkopf
"If you err in funding a social program, you can adjust. If you err in funding your national defense, you can lose your country." Columnist George Will
"Peace and freedom do not flourish on their own - they must be defended and even fought for." H. Lawrence Garrett III, Secretary of the Navy
"What a beautiful fix we are in now; peace has been declared." Napoleon Bonaparte after the treaty of Ameins, 1802
"The enemy came. He was beaten. I am tired. Goodnight." Vicomte Turenne after the battle of Dunen, 1658
"You can't say civilization doesn't advance - in every war they kill you in a new way." Will Rogers
'Oh, I am heartily tired of hearing what Lee is going to do, go back to your own command and try to think of what we are going to do ourselves, instead of what Lee is going to do." General Ulysses S. Grant
"Save in defense of my native state, I never desire again to draw my sword." Robert E. Lee, 1861

Hi turelio, and welcome to the forum.

Great quotes, I don't think I have them on the site.
I'll try to add them later this week.

Back