A Minute of Silence for 9/11 Banned in Brussels

IMO This whole question of "religion" and "God" is a bit like one's opinion of beer. There's beer and there's beer, it can be drunk at room temperature or just above freezing, out of a bottle, glass or a blucher boot, some drink it, others don't, my beer, your beer or someone else's beer, but when it's all said and done, it's.... still.... just.... beer.

I'm a rum drinker myself, and I partake of that with due caution and great pleasure.

Last edited:
Mountain Meadows Massacre and the best evidence says it was conducted by Brigham Youngs Danites (Avenging Angels) dressed as Paiute Indians and a few real Indians thrown in. It occured in 1857 but the leader John Lee didn't swing until 1874.

Just me ......but I'm not changing what I call my God (regardless of how close the religions are) to please some extermeists with butt-hurt or some moderates who feel picked on in another faith, you pray your way I'll pray mine.

There is a new movie coming out about the massacre, "September Dawn." It really hits the Mormon Church bad. I think I'll go see it out of curiosity mostly.

http://www.cnsnews.com/ViewCommentary.asp?Page=/Commentary/archive/200705/COM20070503a.html

Mormon Massacre
By Robert D. Novak
CNSNews.com Commentary
May 03, 2007

Opening in theaters Friday, a motion picture called "September Dawn" depicts a brutal American massacre that has been forgotten. On Sept. 11, 1857, in Utah Territory, Mormons slaughtered more than 120 California-bound settlers from Arkansas. Retelling at this time the 9/11 carnage of 150 years ago does not help Mormon Mitt Romney's presidential campaign."

"The basic facts about the Mountain Meadows Massacre are not in dispute. Mormons mobilized Paiute Indians, accompanied by Mormons disguised as Indians, to attack a peaceful wagon train. The settlers beat off the attack but were left short of food and ammunition. They disarmed themselves at the request of Mormons who said they would lead them to safety but instead turned on the settlers, murdering every man, woman and child above the age of 8. All that is in doubt historically is whether this was ordered by Brigham Young, president of the Mormon Church and territorial governor of Utah. "September Dawn" says he was responsible, and the church denies it."

"The church always has accepted Young's plea that he had nothing to do with the Mountain Meadows Massacre. But Voight is certain that he did, based on research for the movie. "If any miserable scoundrels come here, cut their throats," Young said in his "Blood Atonement Sermon" (which concluded that he would not fight "unless they come upon us and compel us"). The movie's researchers found in the church archives a generic threat against interlopers: "I will loose the Indians on them, and I will slit their throats from ear to ear."

"John D. Lee, Young's adopted son who led the massacre, was executed by a firing squad 20 years after the killings-the only person punished. "I have been sacrificed in a cowardly, dastardly manner," he said after his excommunication by the church and his conviction. In his autobiography, he said the attack was planned "by the direct command of Brigham Young."

That would be a good one to see. Good book is " The Mountain Meadows Massacre" by Mark Gribbens.

That would be a good one to see. Good book is " The Mountain Meadows Massacre" by Mark Gribbens.

I never even thought to look. I prefer to read a book because movies have to sensationalize and distort or nobody will pay to see them. Also, the credits of a book will explain where the research facts came from.

Back