A Minute of Silence for 9/11 Banned in Brussels

Islam is closer to Christianity per se, than say the Mormon religion is to that preached by the "Catholic" church. Their views are different, but no more radical.

Being different does not necessarily imply that they are bad people.

Islam is closer to Christianity per se, than say the Mormon religion is to that preached by the "Catholic" church. Their views are different, but no more radical.

Being different does not necessarily imply that they are bad people.

Of course not, what irks me the most is that some people especially on the far right tend to demonize ALL Muslims. In fact most Muslims are very decent people. Its just a scant few of extremists that are worrisome, and its not like Christianity isn't without its share of religious fruitcakes either. The only real deference is that most Christian radicals in the US haven't selected overt violence to press home their views, although I am sure that merely a question of time.

I think its entirely possible that the next 9-11 will come from within the USA...

It would not surprise me if I was to see a "retaliation" by a Christian Fundamentalist group...

The scant few can make the way many look really bad.

IMO Being either Christian or Muslim is of little consequence, what needs watching are those who describe themselves as "Fundamentalists" as this implies that there is no middle ground in their beliefs.

I would rather describe them as "Crazies", on both sides. Religious Pathogens if you will who only promote intolerance, which in itself flies in the face of all Christian beliefs that I know of..

I wonder if they would be added to the known terrorists group?

Depends on who is in the White House at the time, in my own opinion.

There are those who put their god before the Nation, and even those who say their god owns not only this Naton, but strangely enough the entire Earth.... even though other sections of the Planet seem to follow a different god en masse.

As for Islam and Christianity being on the same page and having the same god, well that would make the Christian god schizophrenic.

I'm not saying the god of Islam is not real, I'm just saying the god of Islam is not the same as my God, and my God has already said I am not to put other gods before him, as their are many other gods, but my God wants me to put him first. I also believe Muslims should put their god first, and I believe such is a tenet of their faith.
I sure as hell do not want them crossing over to my Religion, as I believe they would just mess everything up.

I remember a History Channel program concerning the Mormon (Church of Latter Day Saints) Church and how some members made a deal with local Indian tribes in Utah to lead settlers into ambushes. The Mormons would meet the wagons and give them food and provisions and promise to guide them on through the territory. The Indians would catch the settlers off guard and torture, kill, and butcher the Men and Women and keep only the children they needed as slaves or trade.
When someone escaped and got back to the nearest Fort, the Army went into Utah territory and cleared the area of Indians but executed only one Mormon, the speaker who was recognized by the escapee.

I've never been able to completely forgive that particular religion for the slaughter sanctioned all the way up the heirarchy of the church of innocent people, their own countrymen. I don't trust many organized religions created of, by, and for people.

*and Money, Money, Money!!! I have noticed that these "religions" never seem to benefit the needy.

Do any religions?

I recall two statements although I can never remember who they are attributed to:

1 - Never trust a religion that demands a financial commitment before a moral one.

2 - Even the poorest of towns seemed to afford the grandest of cathedrals. (This was from a book on personal observations of combat photographers from WW2).

I noticed. However these cathedrals were often made by the citizens of the town for very little money (to the citizens or the church).

I remember a History Channel program concerning the Mormon (Church of Latter Day Saints) Church and how some members made a deal with local Indian tribes in Utah to lead settlers into ambushes. The Mormons would meet the wagons and give them food and provisions and promise to guide them on through the territory. The Indians would catch the settlers off guard and torture, kill, and butcher the Men and Women and keep only the children they needed as slaves or trade.
When someone escaped and got back to the nearest Fort, the Army went into Utah territory and cleared the area of Indians but executed only one Mormon, the speaker who was recognized by the escapee.

I've never been able to completely forgive that particular religion for the slaughter sanctioned all the way up the heirarchy of the church of innocent people, their own countrymen. I don't trust many organized religions created of, by, and for people.

Mountain Meadows Massacre and the best evidence says it was conducted by Brigham Youngs Danites (Avenging Angels) dressed as Paiute Indians and a few real Indians thrown in. It occured in 1857 but the leader John Lee didn't swing until 1874.

Just me ......but I'm not changing what I call my God (regardless of how close the religions are) to please some extermeists with butt-hurt or some moderates who feel picked on in another faith, you pray your way I'll pray mine.

the christians have the bestselling book of all time. One I would put in the fiction section, but nonetheless, you pray your way, and I'll pray mine.

Something that has always puzzled me.

If religion is going to be so beneficial to me, why is there a need for people to come knocking on my door trying to interest me in it as if it were Tupperware or some other commercial product.

the christians have the bestselling book of all time. One I would put in the fiction section, but nonetheless, you pray your way, and I'll pray mine.

Yes but it took 2000 years of sales to get there, Chairman Mao's little red book is 2nd with 1/6th of the sales in less than 50 years.

Depends on who is in the White House at the time, in my own opinion.

There are those who put their god before the Nation, and even those who say their god owns not only this Naton, but strangely enough the entire Earth.... even though other sections of the Planet seem to follow a different god en masse.

As for Islam and Christianity being on the same page and having the same god, well that would make the Christian god schizophrenic.

I'm not saying the god of Islam is not real, I'm just saying the god of Islam is not the same as my God, and my God has already said I am not to put other gods before him, as their are many other gods, but my God wants me to put him first. I also believe Muslims should put their god first, and I believe such is a tenet of their faith.
I sure as hell do not want them crossing over to my Religion, as I believe they would just mess everything up.

Thank you, thank you, thank you.

The point I was trying to make. :rock:

Something that has always puzzled me.

If religion is going to be so beneficial to me, why is there a need for people to come knocking on my door trying to interest me in it as if it were Tupperware or some other commercial product.

Do Christian's do that? I thought it was the Jehovah's that did that?

What,... Jehovah's Witnesses aren't Christians? I think that they would dispute that,.... vigorously.:-D

Well, its like the Pope says, there's "Catholics" and then there's Non-Catholic "Christians".
Anyone can start a "Church" and claim to be "Christian".... Mormons come to mind right off the top of my head.
So, as I believe, just calling one Church or Religion "Christian" does not mean they follow the same God as I do.... but, it also does not mean that their god does not exist, in my own opinion.

Back