Mini-14

OORAH

Dont know if this is the right place, but here it goes,i went into the local gunshop today, to buy some gun cleaning implements, and saw three Ruger mini-14s. all were priced for $495. they all had scope rings, and one had a muzzle break. i'd like to know if thats a good price for a ruger mini-14, and any other info about them would be nice. thanks in advance.-oorah

The Mini-14 is one good rifle. It's a .223 Remington version of the M14 Rifle. Which means that it's a M1 Garand in terms of operation. Very simple rifle to clean and take apart.

The Mini-14 has been made in three models. The Mini-14 GB. It's has a M1 garand style sight with a bird cage flash hider.You cannot mount a scope on that model.

The next one is the Mini-14 Ranch Rifle. It has a base for scope mounts and also has a small fold down rear sight.

The last model is the current made model Ruger redisgned the Mini-14 ranch rifle with a M1 Garand style battle sight, rubber butt plate, M1 Garand style front with, and a scope base.

$495 is kinda high for a used Mini-14 but than again prices of firearms period are going up.

I think Mini-14s are over priced. Most I've seen are over $500 and those where just ranch rifles.

I personally wouldn't pay over $400 for any Mini-14.

But then again I've never really wanted one. I'd rather save up my money and get an real M1 or a Springfield M1A. Which are alot more expensive but they are far superior rifles IMO.

i already have a decent m1, i was looking into getting either a mini-14, or a ruger 10/22. I've been surfing on the internet, and it seems like theres a lot of nice accessories and customization that can be added onto the 10/22. a 50 round mag doesnt hurt either.

I own three Ruger Mini-14s. I own a Mini-14 GB, a Mini-14 Ranch, and the New Model.

My Mini-14 GB is one straight shooter. The Ranch Rifle is scoped out for small game hunting, and the New Model is still fresh and unfired.

They aren't crap. $500 isn't that high priced. A New M1 carbine is $800, a New M1 Garand or M1A is over $1,000, and a well built AR-15 is also over $1,000.

I think that a Semi-Auto Magazine feed rifle that uses the proven design going for $500 isn't that bad.

As for the Ruger 10/22. I have shot over 10,000 rounds through it and I have yet to clean it. She just take a lciking and keeps on ticking.

Back