MilTalk Radio! US Army Rangers

Redleg

The fire is everything
Staff member
MilStory.com in association with Military-Quotes.com (and a couple of other sites) are proud to present:
MilTalk Radio!

In June, Miltalk with Tim Davis (former Ranger) will explore the origin, selection, training and weapons of the Army Rangers as well as discuss individual Ranger experiences and acts of valor.

Read more about MilTalk Radio here:
http://www.milstory.com/freetrial.htm

MilTalk radio will send weekly online radioshows about different military related topics. (they will also be stored, so you can listen to them later)
This costs $4.95 pr month, and $1 of that will be donated to " military club, association and/or cause to honor our veterans as well as active duty personnel defending freedom around the world."

A free Memorial day show can be found on the site until 7 June.

Read more (all) about MilTalk radio and listen to the memorial day show at www.milstory.com

Please post or PM me any questions.

Edit: here's a direct link to the free show
Username: demo(at)milstory.com (replace (at) with @)
Password: BiondiFWm
http://subscribe.streamguys.com/miltalk/MemorialDay.wma

Enjoy! :D

So, has anyone listened to the free sample show?

Any comments, suggestions, questions?? :D

Does this sound like a good concept?

Tim Davis is a good lad and does a lot of work on educating the public about Rangers and their history. Anyone that is interested in Rangering should listen to his spot.

And yes, sounds like a good concept, Redleg. Will have to check it out later, as this pitiful 56k connection will barely open the forum. :x

Good to hear.

I've spoken a few times with Tim (over the internet), and he's a great guy.

We have also managed to get some very interesting guests to the first shows as well:
6 June
LTC John D. Lock, author of To Fight with Intrepidity: The Complete History of the US Army Rangers 1622 to Present and The Coveted Black & Gold: A Daily Journey Through the US Army Ranger School Experience

and

Col. Robert W. Black, for the 13 June show.
Robert W. Black is a retired U.S. Army colonel who served in Vietnam and with the 8th Ranger Infantry Company (Airborne) in the Korean War. Parachute and glider qualified, twice the recipient of the combat Infantry Badge, he was awarded the Silver Star, three Bronze Stars—two for valor and one for meritorious service—the Legion of Merit, the Air Medal, and sixteen other awards and decorations. He was the founding president of the Airborne Ranger Association of the Korean War and was inducted into the Ranger Hall of Fame in 1995. He is the author of Rangers in Korea and Rangers in World War II and is currently writing the definitive history of the Rangers over the past four hundred years and a book on Rangers in the American Civil War.

You've probably heard about these two before RnderSafe.. (?)

So anyone interested in the US Army Rangers should really listen to these shows.
Here you will get the story from the guys "who were there", and not some glorified movie or news..

In July we will introduce AirTalk, with LTC Robert L Frantz, so July should be an interesting month for you Mark.. :D

Any comments on the price, $4.95/month? Acceptable?
We use an online radio station that carges pr listener, and we donate $1 pr subscriber, so it's hard to make it any cheaper for us..

I just listened to the whole preview. How would the payment work? I'd really really like to hear it, it sounds really great, but I'm afraid I won't be able to. I don't have a credit card and neither do my parents... :evil:

Sounds great though.

FutureRANGER said:
How would the payment work? .

Either with your PayPal.com account (need credit card) or a creditcard via PayPal.....

Sorry.. :(

FutureRANGER said:
Arg..... Well at least I can hear the one about the Rangers, gotta be the best one. ;)

Every show in June will be about the rangers.. ;)

OK, so no one wants a month free on MilTalk radio, or are the questions too hard?? ;)

Ok, received som answers..

But keep'em coming, still not 5 members with correct answers..

Entry fee reduced to 10 MilBucks.. :D

Hint: www.google.com ;)

Ok, time is running out now, please PM me your answers as fast as you can now..

And by the way, the first show is on the air now...
You can listen to it for free until tomorrow..
Visit: www.milstory.com for more info. (free username and pasword is listed there)

You can actually find some of the answers to the contest on that show as well... ;)

On Sunday, 27 June 2004, Tim Davis will discuss what it takes for a Ranger to move on to serve in the US Army Special Forces and ultimately be invited to try out for the 1st Special Forces Operational Detatchment - Delta (SFOD-D).

Find out more about the Ranger shows here:
http://www.milstory.com/miltalk.htm

Find out how to get your FREE username and password here:
http://www.milstory.com/freetrial.htm

Please PM me or post what you think about the shows.

Thanks. :rambo:

Back