Millitary Poll

Who is joing the Millitary later on in there life?

• Navy

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Marines

• Cost Guard

• Army

• Air Force

• other

• different countrys millitary

• Total voters

Joe252

Who is joing the Millitary later on in ther life?

cant wait till im in the corps

im gunna go into a&m's ROTC then enter the marines as a 2nd lt

Joe252 said:

How would you join as Second Lieutenant exactly? Just because you are in an ROTC unit does not make you eligable for Second Lieutenant. The highest grade you can receive with three years of ROTC service is E-2, which is second from the bottom. If you are enlisted for four years, you may join as E-3. I believe these are the standards.

The only way to join the military directly as an active officer is by completing military training at a military school, and only the top schools such as the Air Force Academy, Annapolis naval Academy, or West Point Army Academy. Besides completing four years of these schools with flying colors, there is almost no way to join as a Second Lieutenant.

Myself: My goal is to go to Annapolis or Wst Point (I think I'm goign to settle for Annapolis), where I will complete my four years and four years of active duty, then re-enlist again. I plan to make the military my career. Therefore, if I'm accepted into absolutely NO military academies (this includes Merchant Marine, et. al) then I'll enlist like everyone else.

cullion said:
Joe252 said:

How would you join as Second Lieutenant exactly? Just because you are in an ROTC unit does not make you eligable for Second Lieutenant. The highest grade you can receive with three years of ROTC service is E-2, which is second from the bottom. If you are enlisted for four years, you may join as E-3. I believe these are the standards.

The only way to join the military directly as an active officer is by completing military training at a military school, and only the top schools such as the Air Force Academy, Annapolis naval Academy, or West Point Army Academy. Besides completing four years of these schools with flying colors, there is almost no way to join as a Second Lieutenant.

Myself: My goal is to go to Annapolis or Wst Point (I think I'm goign to settle for Annapolis), where I will complete my four years and four years of active duty, then re-enlist again. I plan to make the military my career. Therefore, if I'm accepted into absolutely NO military academies (this includes Merchant Marine, et. al) then I'll enlist like everyone else.

incorrect friend, after completing your four years of Reserve Officers Training Corps. you have an eight year commitment to your country as with all enlistments and commissions.

ROTC is basically going to a military academy it just is at a college of your choice and you have to graduate.

a&m puts out more officers then west point and is a four year ordeal and that is what an instructor told me

That is also correct I'm sure the calibre of A&M officers are great but they won't be as good as those trained at West Point or Annapolis for the simple fact of the amount of sleep deprivation those boys go through.

If you are in the rotc for all 4 years you are in HS or w/e, then if you join that branch, lets say marines and you graduate in the top 10 of your class, you automatically make PFC. that is what my major said anyway

lol ROTC boys at a&m are always sleepdepribed and its fun to cause alot of it is tradion down there..my neighbor is there and he said hes lost 30 pounds since the bigning of the school year

I was mostly referring to a JROTC program at high schools. And by the way, I'm pretty sure taking four years of an ROTC at college won't get you in as a Second Lieutenant. It's almost not fair to those who go through hell getting the grades and the scores to attend a military academy. You might not join as a Private, but I doubt you are tossed in as a Second Lieutenant.

My neighbor is a privet and he said next year they will promote him to a corpral like everyone else and the ranks get higher and higher to the end of the schoolyear he will be a second liuetendant

Back