Military of the world Photo #2 (Post Pics)

Yup, and the Jurmo boats are pretty new also, I think I never been in one that's older than 2003. But the best part in the boat is the seats god damn they are so comfortable, the best thing on field exercises after a hard night of guard duty was when you got some minutes of sleep in a Jurmo... :D

Oh those were the days...

denel2.jpg

Rooivalk

ratel-c1.jpg

Ratel APC/Recon

72_1.jpg

SADF in Angola

The AUG isn't easy switch hands when needed. In close quarters, you may be required to switch hands depending on the corners.
Also, the AUG comes with what appears to be a fixed scope. There is no need for that in close quarters and iron sights would be far more effective.

Nick, howcome, you guys don't use Aug? Is it M4 better?

We do use the AUG, also the M4, they do different jobs. But the AUG is the standard issue service rifle, the M4 only gets used by a few units. M4 certainly isn't "better" or worse.

hey for the South African posters, I couldn't help but notice the um, homogenous composition of the troops pictured.
Are those recent pictures? Is the military more integrated now?
Whats going on?

AA has been banned for an undetermined time for posting extremely innapropriate and inflammatory images.

All future comments relating to this image will be deleted immediately.

chewie_nz said:
just so you know....NZ isn't defenceless;

NewZealandPrepares.jpg

Would that be your response to what the Soviets did in WWII? Training dogs to run under the treads of tanks with explosives strapped to them? Because from what I have seen those did not end well for the animal involved.

Damien435 said:
chewie_nz said:

Would that be your response to what the Soviets did in WWII? Training dogs to run under the treads of tanks with explosives strapped to them? Because from what I have seen those did not end well for the animal involved.

OT...They trained mice to chew on tank cables and dropped them via parachute behind enemy lines :D

Back