Military of the world Photo #2 (Post Pics)

Shayetet 13 fast "Snunit" attack boat:

s13-30.jpg

and "Mulit" fast attack boat:

http://www.isayeret.com/units/sea/shayetet/s13-25.jpg

Israeli Field Intel SOF unit operatives:

shaaf-1.jpg

IDF MP Rapid Respons Unit "Force 100", is responsible for stopping any riot that takes place in the Meggido military prison, where Palestinian terrorists are kept.

force-16.jpg

The opeatives are wearing gas masks because the unit prefers usin g tear gas to subdue a riot, rather than using firearms.

hey sherman i figure most of the older settlers that are volunteer sniper militia were former red army snipers? i heard that former spetznaz or snipers from the former USSR that moved to the settlements were actually formally organized into militia units.

Just what exactly is the GAFEs? Is it a spec ops force or a counter smuggling unit? Is it a branch of the police, Army or it's own seperate body?

Damien435 said:
Just what exactly is the GAFEs? Is it a spec ops force or a counter smuggling unit? Is it a branch of the police, Army or it's own seperate body?

GAFEs (Airborne Special Forces Groups)

Up until the mid 1980’s, the Mexican Army had no Special Forces units of any kind. Special Units within the army were not a priority and therefore very little interest was shown towards the development of such units. However, the ever increasing threat of the drug war and strong rumors emanating from the south about guerrilla groups being organized prompted the attention of the Secretary of Defense to create Special Forces units.

In 1986 the creation of such first unit came to light as “Fuerza de Intervencion Rapida” (Rapid Intervention Force). FIR units received training from the US Navy SEALs & Green Beret’s 7th special forces group in the United States; this unit also received additional training from Chilean Commandos, Kaibiles SF from Guatemala, as well as Brazilian Special Forces units.

Changing it’s name to “Grupo Aeromovil de Fuerzas Especiales” and then again in 2002 to “Grupos Aeromoviles de Fuerzas Especials” or GAFEs as it is commonly known by it’s acronym. GAFEs are trained to operate in any climate and in adverse weather conditions. They conduct sea, air and land operations making extensive use of their training and knowledge acquired at the Centro de Adiestramiento de Fuerzas Especiales( Special Forces Academy) .

They have been deployed through out most of the country in many types of missions but all relating to the war against drugs. The GAFEs have become a very professional force capable of serving in the nations best interest whenever they are needed.

aen.sized.jpg

gafes3452oz.jpg

hey sherman i figure most of the older settlers that are volunteer sniper militia were former red army snipers? i heard that former spetznaz or snipers from the former USSR that moved to the settlements were actually formally organized into militia units.

Civil Guard is not a militia. It is apart of the Police...I am a civil Guard volunteer, and trust me, we dont have militia style training. As to the former USSR immigrents being snipers, that is partly true. 50% of IDF Snipers and Marksmen are jews of Russian origin. They seem to have a natural talent.

SHERMAN said:

Civil Guard is not a militia. It is apart of the Police...I am a civil Guard volunteer, and trust me, we dont have militia style training. As to the former USSR immigrents being snipers, that is partly true. 50% of IDF Snipers and Marksmen are jews of Russian origin. They seem to have a natural talent.

Well i have both nationalitys in my blood :rambo: :D

SHERMAN said:

Ahh yes...the Vasiliy Zaytsev story...sorry I know it's OT but that just sprang to mind. :D

@GAFES:
You guys use the Mi-26?

Some photos of the Finnish Marines where I served, as some might see we use a diffrent kind of west than the rest of the Finnish military.

Landing.jpg

DSC_0448.jpg

fanbararen302_19_0002.jpg

image2144qq.jpg

image2169gn.jpg

Back