Military Uniform!

zander_0633

Milforum Gnat
Helo Everyone! I would like to know more about a Brand by the name of TRUSPEC. Can any tell me is it used by the US Army as a standard issue. If not, can I know wad type of brands do the US army wear for their uniforms. I would also like to find out if MARPAT is used in the US Marines now? Thanks:thumb:

I would think that the Army wears whatever brand is the lowest bidder, however, I don't know who that is.

The Marines have fully switched over to MARPAT now.

Can I know of any specific Brands that the army is wearing currently. I heard Truspec is making BDUs for the army! Any info about the company TRUSPEC?

zander_0633 said:
Can I know of any specific Brands that the army is wearing currently. I heard Truspec is making BDUs for the army! Any info about the company TRUSPEC?

Well, no. TRUSPEC isn't making any clothing for the Army and if they are their name is not on the uniform. Standard U.S. Gov't issue has the tags telling size, use, and how to wash them.

I have a set of TRUSPEC USMC Digital camo and it's great, closest thing you can get to the Gov't issue.

Last edited:
ME too, I have a pair of TRUSPEC black BDU pants, it is great! I often ue it for my off-road mountain bike and Hiking! Sometimes even paintball! I would like to get another set of it. Can you tell me more about Digital Camo? Cause I would like those camos, I heard the camops are very versatile! They can be used almmost everywhere!

zander_0633 said:
ME too, I have a pair of TRUSPEC black BDU pants, it is great! I often ue it for my off-road mountain bike and Hiking! Sometimes even paintball! I would like to get another set of it. Can you tell me more about Digital Camo? Cause I would like those camos, I heard the camops are very versatile! They can be used almmost everywhere!

The Marine Corps Digital camo isn't for everywhere use, but the U.S. Army Digital camo is. It can be used in Urban, Desert, and Woodland areas.

TRUSPEC is not a contract company for uniforms. But their BDUs have been used in the military. When a soldier needs a extra pair of BDUs. He might buy a set made by TRUSPEC.

And all US Military contract companies do put their name on the tag. To tell if it's a true military piece of clothing, you need to find the DLA #

Such as the Cold Weather cap that I still have from the Army, it's made by Propper International. Which is a Clothing Company that makes unifroms for the US Military. the DLA # is something like this.

DLA100-84-C0564

So I can say that TRUSPEC manufatures one of the best pants commercially? BTW, a boonie hat is used in what way?

zander_0633 said:
So I can say that TRUSPEC manufatures one of the best pants commercially? BTW, a boonie hat is used in what way?

Like s regular hat. Boonie or Boonie's is slang for Boon Dock's down in the south, where there is lots of marsh and water.

Here's a pic of me where my favorite OD Green Boonie hat, I put camo netting in the grenade loops.

MecamoOldStyle.jpg

5.56X45mm said:
TRUSPEC is not a contract company for uniforms. But their BDUs have been used in the military. When a soldier needs a extra pair of BDUs. He might buy a set made by TRUSPEC.

And all US Military contract companies do put their name on the tag. To tell if it's a true military piece of clothing, you need to find the DLA #

Such as the Cold Weather cap that I still have from the Army, it's made by Propper International. Which is a Clothing Company that makes unifroms for the US Military. the DLA # is something like this.

DLA100-84-C0564

Ya. My PASGT-V is made by Small Business Inc.

How come the color of your uniform is the woodland camo? I thought they have a digital pattern for the Army?

BTW, are there two types of Boonie hats? I observed that one type is the one with the flaps which are harden and the other type are those which are soft. In My country, the soft type of boonie hats are called sniper's hat.

zander_0633 said:
How come the color of your uniform is the woodland camo? I thought they have a digital pattern for the Army?

Thats the Army and Marines. I am a cadet in the CAP/USAFAUX, and the Air Force is still using old style woodland, but that right there is my old airsoft uniform.

ok
ic

Any moment is the US army going to change to digital Camo?
I heard tehy want all the troops in Iraq to wear the desert 6 color camo? is it true?

zander_0633 said:
BTW, are there two types of Boonie hats? I observed that one type is the one with the flaps which are harden and the other type are those which are soft. In My country, the soft type of boonie hats are called sniper's hat.

Well there are two types here in the U.S. that I know of.

Veitnam War Style
80491.jpg

Korean War Style, also know as a Bush Hat
images

Somw of the colors you can get;
boonie%20hats.jpg

Back