Military transports

Land Rover defender, Mercedes G-wagen, Itis, MLV, Mamba, UAZ-469, these are the ones i can remember! there will be many more!

Just give me a lvl 4 armored SUV with one-way bullet-proof glass and I can start :2guns: on Sunday and keep :m16shoot: all week long.

My family owns a used Humvee, it is a really nice ride, makes me feel important when I go home and take my old school friends for coffee.
What kind of vehicals are out there that used to be military but are now for civilian use?

how about the wofl sherman...

also canadian sergeant, some people might be driving a military vehicle and not know it, cuz ome military vehicles are just truck chassis that have engine that can hold a few tonnes, and they add a few tonnes of armor, burst proof tires and u got an armored vehicle with absolutely no loss in speed and manourver cuz the chassis can hold the wieght and more...

Good to know.
I have been wondering about a acquireing a new/used light armoured vehical. any one got a suggestion as to where I might find one?

We use the land rover 110 4X4m it's been used for years, and is just about indestructable. Not as big a humvee, but better fuel economy, just as rugged and reliable.

D110-Norforce.jpg

This is painted in Norforce colours - Northern Australian long range patrol.

We also use a modified version with a long wheel base. Been used a lot in Iraq and Afghanistan by the SAS.

6X6sas.jpg

nice vehicle, is it used in any specific roles?

Which one?

The bushmaster is an infantry mobility vehicle. It's not a combat vehicle as such, but it has the ability to handle itself in combat, with mounting for 7.62mm GPMG, 12.7mm MG, and 40mm Auto Grenade Launcher. It has full mine protection, small arms fire protection (up to 12.7mm- with ability to deploy additional armour), and full mortar protection... so it does a good job of protecting the grunts.

The primary role is transport on and offroad as it is fully 4x4 capable. It can sustain a section of soldiers for 3 days, with food, air, and water (in case of NBC situation). It gets used alongside ASLAV-25, M113 and Leopard tanks.

The other 2, both Land Rovers, are used as general transport and recon.

Back