Military suposedly froze banks account of soldier

Vampire2800

My sister-in-law recently met a soldier who's with the Army Special Forces in Afgahanistan on an internet dating site a few months ago. They got to know each other & now he claims that he needs money to be able to go on leave until the end of his tour. She has already given him X amount of dollars for this & now he claims that he needs more to come home. He says that his CO needs an even larger amount of money to ensure his safe return & if she were to not show up, then he would have money to get him wherever he needs to go. He's claiming that the military froze his bank accounts so that Al Quaida could not access his money. He's also saying that as soon as he arives in the states he will go to El Paso, TX to sign some forms to unfreeze his accounts. She will then be refunded her money by the soldier.

This all seems extremely unlikely to me as I have friends in the military & have never heard of this. I've researched this on the internet with no success. It has to be a scam! Your help is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

There is a lot of people doing this kind of things for money... Using the feelings of a lonely woman looking for a man is a very old trick.

And the special forces soldier is a pretty good scenario... It's sexy. It's a good excuse to not communicate a lot and to not send informations about the man (pictures and such)... and then there is the respect of the uniform. And it's particularly strong in the US...

I think that the army should sue too. It should be a crime to do this kind of things...

And we can say that it's a threat to to the Army's reputation. not?

I'm sure they arent paid enough... But compared to the other soldiers, they should be well paid. More risks, and more skills, and more experience...

They deserve more...

I say that the US military should scrap some useless hardware and give more money to the soldiers and to the wounded especially... the families too, should get special care.

The technology gets a lot of money, but the men should get more money...

i know that the SFs get are payed more than others here in aus so i would assume it is the same elsewhere...
but i dont think soldiers in general get paid enough,
haha, and to think that soldiers are only considered semi-skilled workers....

My advice, copy the Army into this, keep sending money (reduce the amount to control the losses while keeping it up as bait) and get the scammer. More so if he is genuine.

Search on the internet on how-to´s, there are many.

Rattler

Get in touch with the military. It's clearly a scam, and if this had happened it would be in the news. The military may be able to help you catch the criminal because I'm sure they don't want this sort of thing either. They will also have the technology and the manpower to track him quickly.

My sister-in-law recently met a soldier who's with the Army Special Forces in Afgahanistan on an internet dating site a few months ago. They got to know each other & now he claims that he needs money to be able to go on leave until the end of his tour. She has already given him X amount of dollars for this & now he claims that he needs more to come home. He says that his CO needs an even larger amount of money to ensure his safe return & if she were to not show up, then he would have money to get him wherever he needs to go. He's claiming that the military froze his bank accounts so that Al Quaida could not access his money. He's also saying that as soon as he arives in the states he will go to El Paso, TX to sign some forms to unfreeze his accounts. She will then be refunded her money by the soldier.

This all seems extremely unlikely to me as I have friends in the military & have never heard of this. I've researched this on the internet with no success. It has to be a scam! Your help is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

He's full of ****, but PM me his name and I will give you 100% confirmation.

Any other information you can get, send it my way.

Last edited:
Get in touch with the military. It's clearly a scam, and if this had happened it would be in the news. The military may be able to help you catch the criminal because I'm sure they don't want this sort of thing either. They will also have the technology and the manpower to track him quickly.

I just ran his name through AKO, Global and a few other DoD databases. If he is using his real name, he is not in the US military.

Wow... considering the number of people in uniform, you'd think that someone would have the same name as this fake guy.
Poor choice of name!

I know, right. Thanks again PJ24. I would have used something like John Smith or Steve Henderson or something extremely common. Thanks for all your help guys (& gals if any). I know where to turn anytime I need help from now on. This forum is great & the support on here is unrivaled. Thanks again!

I doubt the army will give a ****. It's so obvious that it's a scam that the army will get no backlash or controversy out of it.

I doubt the army will give a ****. It's so obvious that it's a scam that the army will get no backlash or controversy out of it.

C'mon man, it's not some huge national scandal that the Army would have to worry about backlash over. It's just a dude taking a woman for a ride. It would be an issue for his direct command to handle, nothing more.

BUT, that doesn't matter because the name supplied by the individual isn't even in the Army. He's also using photographs of an Army reserve SSG as well as photos of Marines, claiming them as himself.

He has also invented a pretend Colonel. The officer requiring more funds to get him home safety.

AFAIC they need to track the SOB down, cut his nuts off & shove them down his throat, then wash that down with a few glasses of battery acid.

Abusing others in the name of the military by non-military is one step above raping babies. IMO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wallabies

C'mon man, it's not some huge national scandal that the Army would have to worry about backlash over. It's just a dude taking a woman for a ride. It would be an issue for his direct command to handle, nothing more.

So you said the exact same thing as me but you were disagreeing with what I said?

So you said the exact same thing as me but you were disagreeing with what I said?

[/FONT]

haha, you're right. My bad. I completely read your statement wrong. I should not attempt reading comprehension until I've had at least a few hours of sleep. Apologies.

Back