military slang

--

August 28th, 2005  
OORAH

Topic: military slang

I have heard some of these terms in movies, or on other forums on this site. I think I know what they mean, but never say them becuase I'm not exactly sure. Can somebudy please explain the folowing:

Snafu, Fubar

thanks
August 28th, 2005  
tomtom22

Topic: Re: military slang

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoohaa310
I have heard some of these terms in movies, or on other forums on this site. I think I know what they mean, but never say them becuase I'm not exactly sure. Can somebudy please explain the folowing:

Snafu, Fubar

thanks
Snafu - Situation Normal All Fouled Up
Fubar - Fouled Up Beyond All Recognition
August 28th, 2005  
FutureDevilDog

I'm pretty sure when he says fouled, he means
--
August 28th, 2005  
tomtom22

Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureDevilDog
I, of course, was using the polite version, so as to not get banned.
August 28th, 2005  
USAFAUX2004

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomtom22
Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureDevilDog
I, of course, was using the polite version, so as to not get banned.
101, that is wise indeed
August 28th, 2005  
OORAH

thanks guys, that is what I thought they meant
September 4th, 2005  
Marinerhodes

A few others:

HABU = Hook a brother up
SITFU = Suck it the F*** up
BOHICA = Bend over here it comes again

These are some that I have heard in use around my work section. Not sure if they are in popular use.
September 4th, 2005  
OORAH

thanks, anybody else with any militaryslang can add it in this thread, dont know if there is already a thread for it..........

September 12th, 2008  
silvester

This collection of Slang Dictionaries presents you with a vast array of slang words and expressions, ranging from older and internationally recognized slang's to modern day coinages, colloquialisms, vulgarities and many other substandard usages of the English language. Delight yourself by browsing through this dictionary of slang's and learn some new slang words which show colloquial expressions make the vernacular vocabulary of any language more colorful. Brings you concise and to-the point definitions and supplies you with the indispensable knowledge to cope with this baffling side of American English.

October 17th, 2008  
sky2979

LOL!!! learn something new every day