Military schools that aren't academies

SmallTownHopeful

I think the title pretty much gives it away. If anyone knows of any military schools that aren't any of the academies, please let me know what they are, links and information. Thank you

do u know any more? Somewhere in california? its so expensive when your trying to go out of state... man I would give my left ball to be an officer in any branch...

can u be an officer even if u go to a community college? O__o; I guess not because theres the CCof (place branch) I think and req for CC is very low.. like all u need to be is 17 or so..

but i guess if u go to a bad college.. one cant rank up fast I guess..
I want to be at least a Lt. Col before I retire... if I survive.. man Brig Gen would kick ass :rambo: XD and then teach JROTC or something.. would be fun..

edit :

So... anyone know a college / uni thats cheap/affordable.. a place I can major in Battle Stradigies?

JulesLee said:
can u be an officer even if u go to a community college? O__o; I guess not because theres the CCof (place branch) I think and req for CC is very low.. like all u need to be is 17 or so..
You can start at a community college and then transfer to a regular college that has ROTC, or apply to one of the service academies. You just need to make sure that you kick butt academically while you're in community college -- the military is probably not interested in paying for school tuition for someone that can't hack it academically.

As for other non-service academy military schools, doesn't Texas A&M have a corps of cadets?

http://apps.collegeboard.com/search/qs_likefind.jsp?collegeId=566
(go to the link and uncheck all but military and search again)

wow theres around 10 military colleges collegeboard has to offer

SAT requirement and GPA requirement is pretty low :p

Im guessing Citadel, VMI, and Norwich is the best out there?

The list :

American Military University
Manassas, Virginia
See Profile
Georgia Military College
Milledgeville, Georgia
See Profile
Marion Military Institute
Marion, Alabama
See Profile
Massachusetts Maritime Academy
Buzzards Bay, Massachusetts
See Profile
New Mexico Military Institute
Roswell, New Mexico
See Profile
North Georgia College & State University
Dahlonega, Georgia
See Profile
Norwich University
Northfield, Vermont
See Profile
The Citadel
Charleston, South Carolina
See Profile
United States Air Force Academy
USAF Academy, Colorado
See Profile
United States Coast Guard Academy
New London, Connecticut
See Profile
United States Merchant Marine Academy
Kings Point, New York
See Profile
United States Military Academy
West Point, New York
See Profile
United States Naval Academy
Annapolis, Maryland
See Profile
Valley Forge Military College
Wayne, Pennsylvania
See Profile
Wentworth Military Academy
Lexington, Missouri

actually dude most every college will have some kind of ROTC most smaller schools will have more than likely only 1 most of the time its Army but mid major and major schools will have at least 2 ROTCs all I can tell you is to look at the website of the school you want to go to and see if they offer ROTC. Otherwise you can go to OCS with any Bachelors degree.Also apply for ROTC scholarships u can apply for all 3 if you like and then go with the one that will give you more money to go to college, it is not frowned upon for an officer to have went to a traditional civilian school.

ah ic.. well im confused about what major/minor to take in college..
and by DTop.. one of the 4 academies/VMI/Citadel is a nice decision because I want to get far.. Im aiming for VMI.. XD so expensive though 22k + 8k room etc...

if im going to dedicate my life into something, why not go for one of the best..

JulesLee said:
XD so expensive though 22k + 8k room etc...
Which is why you want to do ROTC, get the military to pick up tuition. And if you become an Resident Assistant (basicallly a big brother/sister on the dorm floor), room/board is usually picked up by the college...usually.

There five Military Junior Colleges. I graduated from Georgia Military College (AA 67) and transferred to LSU (BA 69). I got my commission my Junior year. I was an MP officer drilling with the Army Reserve while attending LSU Law School (JD 74). I went on active duty for three (3) years as a JAGC Captain. I retired as a LTC with over 24 years with the Loisiana Guard.

do u know any more? Somewhere in california? its so expensive when your trying to go out of state... man I would give my left ball to be an officer in any branch...

Go to the NMMI website and look at the ROTC scholarships. If you have decent grades you can get scholarships to attend SAP (Service Academy Prep) at NMMI.

Mod Edit: Do not double post; use the Edit button to add more text.

Last edited by a moderator:
http://apps.collegeboard.com/search/qs_likefind.jsp?collegeId=566
(go to the link and uncheck all but military and search again)

wow theres around 10 military colleges collegeboard has to offer

SAT requirement and GPA requirement is pretty low :p

Im guessing Citadel, VMI, and Norwich is the best out there?

The list :

American Military University
Manassas, Virginia
See Profile
Georgia Military College
Milledgeville, Georgia
See Profile
Marion Military Institute
Marion, Alabama
See Profile
Massachusetts Maritime Academy
Buzzards Bay, Massachusetts
See Profile
New Mexico Military Institute
Roswell, New Mexico
See Profile
North Georgia College & State University
Dahlonega, Georgia
See Profile
Norwich University
Northfield, Vermont
See Profile
The Citadel
Charleston, South Carolina
See Profile
United States Air Force Academy
USAF Academy, Colorado
See Profile
United States Coast Guard Academy
New London, Connecticut
See Profile
United States Merchant Marine Academy
Kings Point, New York
See Profile
United States Military Academy
West Point, New York
See Profile
United States Naval Academy
Annapolis, Maryland
See Profile
Valley Forge Military College
Wayne, Pennsylvania
See Profile
Wentworth Military Academy
Lexington, Missouri
Thank you for your list i now have alot of research to do !

Back