Military Recruits: Whats the Best Way To Train Them?

How hard should recruits be trained?

• Extreme: Challenge them till they break, and rebuild their esteem.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Moderate: Challenge them only enough to see their character.

• Mild: Challenge them till they pass the skill exceptionally

• lukewarm: Challenge them till they pass

• Cold: Dont Challenge them at all.

• Total voters
Leaders need to be hard on their soldiers. My first squad leader was extremely hard on me. He set a standard that I could never attain. As an RTO, he made me carry everything and then wonder why I struggled to keep up. He never let me rest in the field and he made my life hell in the rear. After he left, I came to the realization that he made me into a pretty good soldier. At the time, forward observers were in short supply and I did not get an RTO. I was use to carrying everything and I performed my job with ease.

Agreed.....

Doody said:
Leaders need to be hard on their soldiers. My first squad leader was extremely hard on me. He set a standard that I could never attain. As an RTO, he made me carry everything and then wonder why I struggled to keep up. He never let me rest in the field and he made my life hell in the rear. After he left, I came to the realization that he made me into a pretty good soldier. At the time, forward observers were in short supply and I did not get an RTO. I was use to carrying everything and I performed my job with ease.

My first squad didn't have an agunner and since we were switching to the 249 soon, was stuck with the pig and stand, the only help humping was with the ammo. SL said to "deal with it", and it probably made me a better Marine.

Back