Military Reality TV

Skinny

These days you see all these lame reality shows on your TV that you don't want to watch. Is it just me or do some of these shows seem completely unreal? Who here thinks it would be cool if they had a reality TV show based on a military group in Iraq or Afghanistan? I know the quality wouldn't be that great since obviously they can't have a whole film crew out there the whole time, but I think a lot of people would definately still watch. And of course they wouldn't be able to show everything the group does. But I think there are camera men out there with the balls to go out and film this stuff. I come across a lot of people in my town with no appreciation for the military, and I think it would be a good thing to show what our servicemen/women go through day to day out there. I know the chances of this happening are slim, but it's just something to talk about. What do you all think the most fitting military unit would be to show?

Skinny said:
Who here thinks it would be cool if they had a reality TV show based on a military group in Iraq or Afghanistan?

Not me....

They should instead focus on getting the news correct, and focus some more on the good things happening there as well...
That's reality show enough for me.

hmmm, well there is the action of combat for a reality TV show, 90% of any deployment is non combat related. Guard duty is the mainstay of any deployment. And that's not exciting for TV. The fun parts would include the guys cussing at easchother, getting bad letters from home, getting an occational fun gift from home (ie a blow up doll), a few fights and other stuff.

But on another note, I wish reality TV would just go away.l

Actually, there has already been one. Profiles from the Frontline on ABC ran 3 episodes I think before I was pulled because of OIF.

There has already been a military reality TV show, it was aired on USA about 2-3 years ago and it was called Combat missions
did anyone see that show, i loved it

Jason Bourne said:
Yea it was, but they weren't former soldier. They were active duty.

Very few were still active/reserves, however, most of the Police Officers were still employed by their respective agencies/departments.

There wasn't anything realistic about that show except for the "players" backgrounds. It was more of a "set-up" drama than anything else.

Back